“Nice clean hotel - worth the money”

Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeville
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped here for 1 night on the way to Myrtle Beach last year (Aug 24 - 2013) and am just in the process of planning to stop here again this year on the way down. Nice clean hotel worth the money. Our room had a fridge and microwave and 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. We also used the indoor pool before going which was nice for the kids to expend some energy before hopping into the truck to drive some more. It was also great to have breakfast right there in the morning (nothing fancy, but it certainly did the job!)
I would highly recommend this as a clean and plesant place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here with our 2 kids while visiting family, for one night. It's not near attractions, per se, but is right off I-79, giving easy access to/from airport and downtown. Our room had 2 double beds, which were spacious enough and comfortably firm. Room also had a nice flat screen TV, plus a microwave and a good-sized fridge, though we only stayed 1 night and didn't use either. Also had a table and 2 chairs. Even on a Saturday night, hotel was quiet.

Bathroom was a bit tight but fine. Good pressure and plenty of hot water. Shower head was low (I'm 5' 7" and had to duck) and tub was slow to drain. Room overall was clean and seemed well-kept.

Pretty good breakfast buffet... good coffee, lots of breads, cereal, fruit and decent scrambled eggs. Try the pancake machine -- it delivers two in about a minute, and they were light and fluffy ... delicious. A nice touch -- as I was eating, a staffer offered me a free Sunday Post-Gazette, which I enjoyed with my breakfast.

All in all, a good experience. I'd stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank SteveM39
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. Super clean, excellent staff, very comfortable. I have to travel a ton for work and it is so nice to stay in a place that is excellent on all fronts. I had no complaints. I was on a 12 day business trip, and I moved to this hotel 10 days into my trip. I was originally staying at a hotel 6 miles away that turned out to be horrible. Play it safe and stay here! Your won't regret it!

Room Tip: Pet friendly
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just got back from a two night wknd stay at this hotel. We were in town for my nephew's college grad. We had previously stayed here once before when visiting my nephew & enjoyed it. The appeal was that it's an affordable hotel (compared to staying closer to the college campus) & it's clean as well. That was still the case this time around. The staff are very friendly & helpful & the daily breakfasts are pretty good. The down side to staying here is that it's about 30 min. from the college & city. This past wknd, traffic was esp. congested due to college grad. & it took us an hour to get to the Friday night commencement. But I understand this isn't the hotel's fault & it's the reason why they offer such an affordable rate. My one complaint from this past wknd was that there were a bunch of families w/ young children (approx ages of 3-10) staying on our floor & the kids were running around, unsupervised, up & down the hallway & abusing the elevator. We also received knocks on our doors from these kids. Where were the parents??? Needless to say, they were very disruptive. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We needed a place to stay on short notice and chose this hotel close to family in Pittsburgh. Are we ever glad we did! First off, the hotel is located inthe suburbs of Pittsburgh, maybe 20 minutes from downtown and 20 minutes from the Airport. Our room had a hot tub in it! The rooms are clean and the breakfast was served hot and on time! Don't expect a 4 star breaksfast, its typical fare for this type of hotel - pancakes, cinamon rolls, cereals, but it saves a lot to not have to go our to eat in the AM. We didn't hear any sounds from ajoining rooms or from the parking lot and the hotel is behind some other properties that are on the main street so there is no road noise. I recommend you consider this property if heading to Pittsbugh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here while driving from Toronto to Miami. It was 10:30pm when we checked in and got a rate of $144.00. The hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and had free wifi. We had a good sleep and were up for breakfast by 7am. We were surprised by the options for breakfast. Omelets, pancakes, bacon, cereal, breads and rolls. The coffee was really good as well. We would stay again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love hearing all the kind words that you had to say about us!! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is our 'company approved' spot to stay in Bridgeville PA, they worked out a great deal on a corporate rate with our accounting department. That said the hotel is not bad but its not great either. First of all it's an older hotel so while they do seem to keep it pretty clean everything just kind of looks a little dingy. The staff here is polite enough but wasn't really super helpful the times that I've asked for help. For example, I had some shampoo bust in my suitcase on the plane ride up, so I asked the attendant if there was a laundromat around (since they don't have facilities at the hotel) and he said he didn't know of one in the area. Well the next morning while I was leaving the hotel, I noticed that there was a laundromat literally walking distance from the front door! Also the hotel has a weird smell almost like the inside of a tanning salon. Not really a bad smell, just unusual. I've never had any major problems here and I will continue to stay here on my trips to Bridgville.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and expereince at our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeville
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
#4 of 5 in West Mifflin
Omni William Penn Hotel
Omni William Penn Hotel
#7 of 72 in Pittsburgh

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville? Share your experiences!