“Surprising Value”

Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We needed a place to stay on short notice and chose this hotel close to family in Pittsburgh. Are we ever glad we did! First off, the hotel is located inthe suburbs of Pittsburgh, maybe 20 minutes from downtown and 20 minutes from the Airport. Our room had a hot tub in it! The rooms are clean and the breakfast was served hot and on time! Don't expect a 4 star breaksfast, its typical fare for this type of hotel - pancakes, cinamon rolls, cereals, but it saves a lot to not have to go our to eat in the AM. We didn't hear any sounds from ajoining rooms or from the parking lot and the hotel is behind some other properties that are on the main street so there is no road noise. I recommend you consider this property if heading to Pittsbugh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here while driving from Toronto to Miami. It was 10:30pm when we checked in and got a rate of $144.00. The hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and had free wifi. We had a good sleep and were up for breakfast by 7am. We were surprised by the options for breakfast. Omelets, pancakes, bacon, cereal, breads and rolls. The coffee was really good as well. We would stay again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love hearing all the kind words that you had to say about us!! Hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is our 'company approved' spot to stay in Bridgeville PA, they worked out a great deal on a corporate rate with our accounting department. That said the hotel is not bad but its not great either. First of all it's an older hotel so while they do seem to keep it pretty clean everything just kind of looks a little dingy. The staff here is polite enough but wasn't really super helpful the times that I've asked for help. For example, I had some shampoo bust in my suitcase on the plane ride up, so I asked the attendant if there was a laundromat around (since they don't have facilities at the hotel) and he said he didn't know of one in the area. Well the next morning while I was leaving the hotel, I noticed that there was a laundromat literally walking distance from the front door! Also the hotel has a weird smell almost like the inside of a tanning salon. Not really a bad smell, just unusual. I've never had any major problems here and I will continue to stay here on my trips to Bridgville.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
MGRBRI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts and expereince at our hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

This property is a bit pity of the way from Pittsburgh, is clean and safe, and offers a standard breakfast, but I had some issues. First, I booked it through a pay first and then see the hotel, and got an excellent weekend rate ...especially short the Pittsburgh area. I correctly guessed that it would be this HIEx.

The primary reason my stay here was it, according to the booking site AND the HI website, accepted pets. I was supposed to pick up a kitten at the Steel City cat show. Imagine my shock when I saw a permanent metal sign at the desk stating 'NO PETS PERMITTED.' (No, I did not sneak the kitten in.)

The front desk/lobby is not particularly spacious or gracious. The desk clerk always seems to be elsewhere. My hairdryer overheated in my hand...sparking! I told them, but it did NOT get replaced...although they did offer to switch my room.

But after a long day's work at the cat show, the last thing I wanted to do was pack my stuff and change rooms.

Oh, and the maid never replaced the towels I used, including the bath mat.

On the plus side, the bed was comfy and the hotel was clean. Next time, if I'm bringing a pet, I'll stay at the Red Roof.

• Stayed: February 2013
MGRBRI, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent expereince at our hotel. We do our best to provide the best available options to our guests when there are issues, I apologized that we were not able to correct the issue with the hairdryer to your satisfaction. I hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have stayed here many times during business trips to the Pittsburgh area. It is a nice hotel ~ keeps to the standards for HI Express ~ however it is in an uninspiring area of greater Pittsburgh. So if you are staying here for the price and HI Express quality ~ you will get what you are expecting. Don't stay here if you want to be close to anything though. You are a 15 to 30 minute drive to anything you'd go to Pittsburgh to do.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club rewards program and you may get an upgrade, or some freebies.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were having some work being done on our house and decided to stay down the street at this hotel to get out of the mess like a mini retreat.
They have a nice pool, which the staff kindly let my daughter and husband patronize a little late. He said to let him know when they were done and he would lock up after that. (Very kind as my husband works late most nights and he promised our daughter that they would go swimming)
The lady who handles the breakfast bar cares so much and truly cares about her job. They have a pancake machine, bagels, muffins, etc. They have coffee 24/7 available.

Our room was a suite with a pull out couch for the kids and a king sized bed for us. It also had a mini fridge, microwave, and sink in the room.

It was clean and nice. It was also quiet. Very relaxing. It's places like this that represent Pittsburgh well, with warm reception and a pleasant stay, I would recommend to anyone.

If your destination is downtown pittsburgh, it's not the closest, but if you are staying around the south hills it is very convenient as it is near the high way.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express delivers good value for the money and is a perfect place for families with young and older children alike. The food service is excellent for the breakfast buffet and the pool is housed in a very serene windowed pool area with an attached exercise room with tv. Several members of our extended family stayed here for a wedding and I would recommend it for attending activities in the area; as it is conveniently located.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeville
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Bridgeville
Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh-Green Tree
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#20 of 74 in Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Pittsburgh-Bridgeville? Share your experiences!