“Best cheesesteaks in the 'burbs”

Franzone's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 19 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Popular but small pizza and steak shop in Bridgeport. There isn't much ambiance but that's okay because the food and service is great.

They have the best steak sandwiches around...and many love the pizza too!

Definitely worth a stop if you're in the neighborhood!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I love this place! At my old job, a group of us used to go to the Conshohocken location, which we also enjoyed. The service wasn't as friendly, but, the food was just as good. Anyway, at the Bridgeport location, you get the best of both worlds. Excellent service and phenomenal pizza! I even call ahead so that we don't spend a lot of our lunch break waiting and they are so accommodating! The table is set for us when we get there and the food is ready shortly after arrival. I highly recommend Franzone's! PS - they also have beer available for take out.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Philadelphia Magazine awarded this place Best of Philly, and the local sports talk station regularly rates it in the top ten for pizza, etc. They make a white pizza, a tomato pie, several traditional pasta dishes and their spaghetti and meatballs meatball is as big as your fist.
They also make a dynamite stromboli. Now, stromboli varies from place to place, with even more variation than pizza. I have eaten pizza and stromboli practically everywhere in the greater Philadelphia area, and Franzone's stromboli is the best. I can recommend the cheese, the pepperoni, and the spinach among the many choices.
We take friends to Franzone's, and when we hear from them again we find they have been back on their own, or they want to go back with us. Colleagues from the west coast who I have taken there ask about it when I speak to them on the phone, and they wistfully say they wish there was a place like this near them. Now, this is not some Travel & leisure exotic spot along Malibu, but a neighborhood joint in Bridgeport PA. Nevertheless, you go back for the food.

1  Thank RichardWhitney
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A good selection of sandwiches, appetizers, etc. The pizza has a unique saw that is "swirled" on the pie. We really like it as a local pub to go to on a Friday night.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

We stop by for lunch eery month or so. Ana is usually the waitress and I super sweet. Love their pizza and sandwiches! Not the most snazzy place, but great food for a good price.