“Good crowd!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went to check out the Led Zeppelin/Aerosmith cover band last night at the Rib House and I'm so glad we did! I believe the Paul Sinclair Band plays the first Sunday of the month, and we caught part of the first set of different classic rock tunes, then the second set of mostly Zep covers. Good times!

The bartenders were quick, and efficient, which is all you need in a place like this. The bar was crowded, too. It's a pretty small place with a pool table in the back, a dining area on the one side, and the focus on the bar. It's a little bit biker bar, but a little of all types bar, too. I'd say you could probably bring the family for dinner, but at night, it's truly a bar.

The kitchen is open until midnight, but we had already eaten. Drinks were reasonable ... Amstel and Heineken in the $4 range. I plan to try the food next time.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

THE RIBS ARE NOT WHAT THE PLACE SHOULD BE KNOW FOR. The ribs were hard to eat and did not fall off the bone. How ever the breaded wings were a little better. Service was slow at best. But she was quick to pick up the phone to talk to mom or who ever. This place should be know for nothing else other than a want to be biker bar. The sign on the door when walking in said it all. Keep your cycles to a low noise and do not rev them up due to complaints from neighbors.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

I think you go here to drink, because the food was not good. And that's a shame because we have so few places in the area that prepare smoked meats.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I had high expectations, which were disappointed. This place has so much potential, but they do not deliver on the BBQ. I will say, the wings were amazing - but that is all I will return for.

As to the atmosphere, this is a hole in the wall kinda place (which would be cool for a good BBQ spot). Cool little wrap-around bar, cheap drinks, good beer on tap, and good place to check out live music. Overall, a comfortable place to hang with some friends or family and get down on good BBQ (if it was good)...

But the ribs were very disappointing. The wings were great, this if this place were called "The Wing House", I'd write a good review... But i wasnt here for the wings. Based on the name, they obviously pride themselves on ribs, but they were not good. They tasted like ribs I'd see at a friends house who doesn't really know how to cook BBQ very well... No pink inside (that smoked effect); they were chewy and tough (not fall off bone) and no noticeable rub or sauce (if it was there, it wasn't flavorful or noticeable).

Here is a tip for the cooks at the rib house: smoke the ribs for much, much longer (maybe 4 hours longer), and give it a more noticeable rub, and more flavorful sauce.

I'm not sure why other writers have given good reviews on tripadvisor and yelp. I heard the prime rib was good. Maybe, like others, you might actually like the ribs... But you've been warned. In essence, you'd get better ribs at the grocery store baked in your own oven at home.

I wish there were a good BBQ place in the area. If someone opens up something who knows what they're doing, they'll make good money.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I found this restaurant on my GPS. Not knowing what the food or ambience was like, I walked in with my wife, kids and Nephew; in what appeared to be a hole in the wall, a dark large round bar with a restaurant section on the other end of the floor.
I ordered the bbq sampler which was delicious. They used a dry rub and smoked the ribs. These ribs were PACKED with flavor, smokey and delicious!

If you want elegant ambience, this place is not for you. But if you want terrific bbq this place is highly recommended!

1  Thank Albert394