“Excellent Stay for Last Minute Booking”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Richmond, RI
“Excellent Stay for Last Minute Booking”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

After departing a conference in Harrisburg later than expected, we realized that an overnight would be required on our trek back to Rhode Island. As such, we found this hotel beside the freeway and stopped to inquire about availability. The price was reasonable, and since we were priority club members, we received a 25% discount coupon for breakfast in the restaurant, and 2 coupons for a free drink in the bar. Plus, there is a mini-golf facility right next door and the hotel gives $1 discounts to guests, so my 4 and 2 year-old boys were thrilled. They also loved the pool (outside but heated). Food in the bar was quite good as well for pub grub. Plus, best of all, the customer service was phenomenol. We were greeted by a blonde woman who had only recently started working at this hotel, and she was exceptional, especially given the problems we would encounter later in the evening. Unfortunately, across the hall from us, there were several boys staying in the room by themselves (ages seemed to range from 10-15) and the parents were too busy getting intoxicated at the bar to pay attention. As a result, my first call to the front desk was at about 8:00 p.m. to report that the boys were slamming a luggage cart into their closed room door. Immediately, within 3 minutes, someone was down to handle the situation. Of course, the screaming, running and slamming of the door continued for several hours (with Dad actually participating as well) so at about 11:45 p.m., I called the front desk again. The woman immediately told me that they would move us to the Presidential Suite, but when I explained that my kids were sleeping and I wasn't going to move everything to another room at midnight, she gave me passes for free breakfasts and comped our room without a second thought. Apparently, she also must have called down to the room because the noise stopped immediately thereafter. All in all, our experience at this hotel was fantastic, and a lot of that credit goes to the staff at the hotel who did a great job managing some very rude guests. I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — Pool, Mini-Golf next door, Customer Service
  • Disliked — Rude, rowdy guests across the hall but not hotel's fault and handled very well
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HotelManagerMJ, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, September 10, 2008
Thank you for the kind words. We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us. We will also take your feedback for opportunities and use it to further improve our offerings. Thanks again for your feedback, and also for choosing us. We look forward to your return.
Regards,
John Lowe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed April 25, 2008

I have been to this hotel numerous times for annual business meetings,and would recommend it to anyone. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. There are numerous restaurants nearby, including an excellent one in the hotel.

Stayed April 2008
HotelManagerMJ, Marketing Office Representative at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, June 26, 2008
Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share them with the team, and we look forward to your return.
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We stayed for a conference and had the best stay I've had in a long time. The room was spacious, sheets were of very high quality, cleanliness was superb, every attention to detail was met. The cookies at check in were a perfect touch, we saw the flag being raised at breakfast which was so moving. The breakfast buffet was perfect and appropriately priced. Nice healthy options available, omelets to order and at the end of your meal they bring you a togo cup for coffee. We also has dinner which was very good.

The front desk was very helpful and professional.
Very impressed.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed August 21, 2007

When we arrived back from dinner at approximately 10pm my husband and I saw a group of young men running down the hall and creating a lot of noise. I called security to let them know of the problem (we thought kids had somehow snuck in), they said they would take care of it, nobody came. Little did we know, these young men were staying next to us! We tried to go to sleep, but the noise continued from their adjoining room. At about 11:30pm I called down to the front desk, told them the
problem had not been solved, they assured me security would be up. The noise and the profanity they were screaming got worse and worse. At this point it was 1:30am and we decided to call down to the front desk one more time. At this point security finally arrived and retrieved the boys' chaperone; apparently they were with a traveling baseball team. This excessively loud, obnoxious, and inconsiderate behavior was completely unacceptable and it totally ruined our sleep and feeling of safety. In addition, the way in which it was handled by management and the fact that it took them 3.5 hours to resolve the problem has severely impacted our feeling about Holiday Inn hotels. In the past we have always loved staying at Holiday Inns and looked for them whenever we took a trip; I'm not sure we will do that anymore.

Stayed August 2007
4 Thank ChristineVirginia
Franconia, Virginia
Reviewed June 11, 2007

Nice hotel - decently priced, clean room and bathroom. The Presidential floor offered a bigger room, a continental breakfast room, private access. Also nice that they had a bar in the lobby with entertainment. The front desk girls are cute and very helpful.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2007

We stayed this past weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We loved it! We stayed on what they call their Presidential Floor. Our room was very clean and we had the snacks that they put out in the evening. The hotel specialist called before we checked in and arranged a rose petal turndown which I surprised my husband with...he was very surprised. I would expect this type of service from a resort - not a Holiday Inn. We had a nice room service breakfast and went out on the wine trail that the specialist helped us arrange. We're going to take the kids and go back.

• Liked — The President's Floor and the rose petal turndown
  • Disliked — Only one bathrobe in the room.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2007

Today is May 15, 2007.

I have written several reviews with regard to our stay the day before Easter.

I have written on this blog, and to the hotel manager of the Breiningsville PA hotel several times, called them, and complained to the front desk.

I have complained to the corporate office.

The Holiday Inn does not stand by its promise of "fixing any part of your visit that is not correct."

Instead, they have repeatedly ignored me, made claims that I have never stayed there, or removed my comments.

My next move I guess is to contact the Better Business Bureau with regard to their faulty advertising and insincere promise of quality.

I will continue to alert travelers on this blog and others because I believe that what happened was so insensitive and unprofessional.

I believe to make false promises is so unethical and unlawful.

I will post the original letter again, but in brief:

We booked a room the day before Easter 2007. We made brunch reservations, which were lost.

We were unable to sleep because two or more dogs barking in a room near ours. We complained downstairs to be ignored.

We were promised appetizers and a continental breakfast.

The appetizers were supposed to be given to guests as part of a courtesy for their room, but we were not told this.

We believed, because of the front desk person, that they would be delivered to our room.

We also believed we would be entitled to a continental breakfast.

We were, but this again was held in a secret location on the fourth floor, instead of the restaurant, to which we were not told.

The prime rib buffet for dinner was canceled, and our Easter reservations mysteriously disappeared off the reservation list.

We have been ignored and my comments on the other blog have "disappeared."

Here was yesterdays letter to the manager of the Breiningsville Hotel, who claimed he could not find evidence of my stay the day before Easter of April 2007.

I was wondering if you found my name on your register yet, because I have your bill right in front of me.

Our room number was 330. Our arrival date was 4/7/07 and our departure date was 4/8/07. Our dinner check was #7735.

Our accommodations were $125.95, our state tax was 7.56, our occupancy tax was 5.04, and our America Dinner Food, as the result of the buffet being closed & non-appetizers were$ 64.00.

"Rob" was the service attendant who checked us out. He was not the female who checked us in on 4/7/07.

Let me know if there is any other information you need."

Sincerely
M. Wells

My advice to all other travelers: they do not stand behind their promise, which I can prove, and their customer service is horrible.

They clearly don't care about their customers

• Liked — returning home
  • Disliked — customer service lies and indifference the date of and until today 5/16/07
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank HatetheHolidayInn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#9 of 30 in Allentown

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!