“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Hustonville, Kentucky
“Great hotel”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent several days at this hotel. The room was clean amd location is great. I was expecting much less then i received. The staff is very friendly. There is a bar/restaurant inside the hotel. The food is decent. Although it does take a while to get your food as the kitchen seems to be located far away. The bar staff is very friendly. I visited on a monday and there was only one girl working. She was very nice but seems lacking in her experience. Taking a chance i visited again to find two people on that night. A different girl behind the bar and a gentelman waitor. Both very nice and seemed much more experienced. I was suprised by the volume of people at the bar and the bartenders ability to keep up and still chat and joke. It was entertaining. The staff worked well together. I will say that it is very noisy on the weekends as they had karaoke. The breakfast is ok, with a variety that u would expect. There is a good italian restaurant and diner not far that i would recomend. Overall this was a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013
Eric G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable as it helps us review those areas of our hotel that make the Holiday Inn Conference Center – Lehigh Valley a great hotel guest love. Your comments have been shared with the team. Our goal is to exceed all of your expectations and provide you with an overall great experience. Thanks again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us! We look forward to serving your travel needs again when in the Lehigh Valley area.

Your in Hospitality,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
ma
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel itself was fine as far as cleanliness and quality of room. We are priority members so were on the "special" floor which was supposed to be better I guess except for that that is where they placed the meeting room which was essentially the party room, smackdab in the middle of the hall. There was a wedding going on and as we were going to our room we passed people carrying cases of wine and beer who were already drunk. Asking to change rooms didnt work and they dont keep earplugs at the desk. The final straw was the drunken screaming footraces in the hall outside of our room. SInce we were staying 2 nights I made sure the meeting room was not being used the 2nd night or else would have forfeited our payment (it was that bad) and gone elsewhere. When I asked they acted like I was a primadonna. Other reviews have mentioned this and it is just an incredibly stupid setup. The breakfast was not very good either. It was the same egg slop both days, the coffee maker didnt work, and there was nothing like a pastry or muffin. It was adequate, but I am not sure what the other reviewers were talking about. Stuff like that makes me think it is people who work there reviewing it

Room Tip: dont stay on the presidential floor (3rd floor) where the meeting room is. It is a party room that p...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kelly220
Eric G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us attain our goal; create a great hotel guests love. We certainly appreciate your positive comments about the cleanliness and the quality of the room, but also regret that the breakfast and the location of your room during a wedding function were subpar in meeting your expectations. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff so that we can work diligently in making whatever adjustments are needed to ensure an excellent stay for all of our valued guests. On behalf of the hotel, we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and would hope that you would give the Holiday Inn Conference Center - Lehigh Valley another opportunity when visiting the area.

Yours in Hospitality,
Valatie
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and some friends stayed here in July 2013 as a stop-over for an extended vacation. I have stayed here before and my experience on this trip was exactly what it always has been when I've stayed at Holiday Inn Lehigh Valley: that of a very clean, attractive and comfortable hotel, staffed with kind and helpful people, and characterized by nice rooms, plentiful amenities, a great pool and one of the best hotel bars I've ever visited. My family loved our visit and our friends (who were staying for the first time) gave the hotel rave reviews. It was a wonderful way to start our vacation.

One thing about the trip really stood our for me and hence this review. My daughter was celebrating her birthday during our trip and as part of a little treat I booked a room for her so that she could stay with a friend. The next day we checked out hurriedly and a bit haphazardly because we need to get on the road quickly. Once we left I discovered that we had neglected to leave a tip in my daughter's room for housekeeping and I was mortified. Later on, after we reached our destination, my daughter discovered that she had misplaced the money she had saved towards vacation (over $150). I ended up checking with the hotel the next day, not really expecting to have any success (I wasn't even sure the money had been left there in the first place). To my surprise and my daughter's joy the money had been found and secured. After our vacation was over we stopped back at the hotel and retrieved the money. Truly, the honesty of the staffers at the hotel prevented a pall from being cast over our vacation. All of us were, and continue to be, grateful that the money was returned, particularly in the face of no tip being left in a messy room!

In conclusion, I love this hotel and I will continue to stay anytime I am able. However, as impressed I am with the hotel I am even more impressed with the people who staff it. In particular, I would like to personally acknowledge and thank Shelby at the front desk who was super-helpful, Eunice, in charge of housekeeping who was helpful, kind, and obviously is excellent in terms of running her department and selecting personnel and, most of all, to Luz Moreno who found the money and turned it in. Thanks for reminding us that honest and upright people still exist!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eric G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Wow! Thank you kindly for your great review about your experience at the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley. Our mission is to leave this impression with all of our valued guests and we are honored that you encountered such an experience at the start of your vacation. We hope your daughter enjoyed what sounds like a wonderful birthday! Shelby, Eunice, and Luz are truly an asset to this hotel and your complements of them have been shared with the entire team. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley and we look forward to serving your travel needs again in the near future.

Yours In Hospitality,
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the best Holiday Inn I have stayed at in terms of amenities and value. Rooms were updated with larger bathrooms with granite countertops, comfortable bedding, flat screen tvs, etc. As Priority Club Members we were offered many extras, including a complimentary cocktail and appetizer. As AAA members, our rate also included the breakfast buffet, which was far superior than any other "free" breakfast you find at comparable hotels -- real eggs, several juices, a waffle station, breakfast meats, potatoes, pancakes, and pastries. The only reason I can't give this hotel an "excellent" rating, is because it is really a noisy place on the weekends. It has a bar/restaurant and banquet venue on site, so there are weddings, parties, etc. that go on well into the early morning hours. Yes ... there were kids running up and down the halls at 3 a.m. The night before, staff had decided to clean out the room across the hall from us and work on the elevator around midnight. So although the hotel is renovated to look newer, it has the lack of soundproofing indicative of an older chain hotel. I heard EVERYTHING and came home exhausted after a two-night weekend stay.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the most "quiet" part of the hotel, if it's possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KMG30
Eric G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley and for being a valued IHG Rewards member with us. Our goal is to provide a great hotel guest love. We are honored to hear that our rooms, IHG Reward amenities, breakfast, and the overall value you received as AAA members at our hotel made it the best Holiday Inn stay for you. As a Conference Center and a full service hotel, we hold many banquet events that in this case caused you to go home exhausted. We apologize for the inconvenience this had caused you after your wonderful experience with us. Your time and feedback helps us take necessary actions to ensure that your next visit to the Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley is more enjoyable. Thanks again for your feedback and for allowing us the opportunity to serve your travel needs.

Yours in Hospitality,
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for a wedding last weekend. They did not have the king size bed we reserved and unfortunately we had to squeeze into a double bed. Despite that, the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was a little outdated and the bathtub was raised up -- it would be quite tight for a taller person. The breakfast was serviceable but the location was what sold us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend conference. It was an overall great experience.
Pros: Mr. Richard the shuttle driver. He's awesome. Took me emercency shoe shopping.
Easy to get to, right off the exit. Nice decor in the loby, very pleasant feel. Sign up for the rewards membership to take advantage of the executive lounge for FREE drinks and continental breakfast. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable with extra pillows. Staff was accomadating for our conference needs.
Cons: Our room was close to the elevator which was nice except that we could hear the bar crowd until 2am so that we didn't get a good nite sleep. Might be better to be further down the hall unless you bring ear plugs. Banquet dinner wasn't that great.

Room Tip: We had a room close to the elevators. Unfortunately we could hear the bar crowd so that affected our...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent 1 night here, but was here for a football team. We had allotted times to eat, we had 3 meals here, and the staff was never prepared for our 100 people to eat those 3 times.

We Gave them the exact times we wanted to eat, and they weren't ready one time. Thats unacceptable.

They were beginning to set up when we walked in!

Other than that, the bed was nice, TV was nice, bathroom was nice, no complaints as far as the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear BSmith0731,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the room accommodations you received. Please allow us to apologize for the service you encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#9 of 30 in Allentown

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!