“Excellent Hotel for short business trips”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Doha, Qatar
“Excellent Hotel for short business trips”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice spacious room, good fitness center. Rooms are bit old but very nicely maintained. Best breakfast spread compared to typical Holiday Inn breakfast in the US.
Value for money. Plenty of places to eat around the hotel and easy access to I78.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for recently visiting with us and thank you for your feedback. In the past month or so we upgraded our breakfast offerings and experience and have been receiving great feedback; it is great to know that you enjoyed it also. Most of our rooms have been recently upgraded and we are embarking on the remainder. We hope to see you again so you can see the finished product! Thanks again; your input is very much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atco, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2012

From the time I walked through the front door I felt at home. The front desk staff were friendly, courteous, and professional. The desk clerk actually took the time to walk me to the elevator, it's a little hard to find on your 1st stay. The room was clean, fresh, and comfortable. The Sam Addams bar and Grille was great. As a buisness traveler and a Platinum Priority Club Member I found this Holiday Inn to be one of the BEST I have ever stayed in. They truly are a star among the Holiday Inn Family and I look forward to my next stay here.

Room Tip: A room that faces the center courtyard are very quite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments! It is wonderful to read how great of a stay you had. I am extremely proud of our staff and of our offerings such as the Sam Adams Grille. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team, who will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you again, and on behalf of the entire team - I look forward to your return.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2012

nice hotel , quiet area and very relaxing . The breakfast is good ,...Dorney park and sam adams brewery is nearby . Nice views from hotel .
Clutter free and very clean .I would go back if any discount is given .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and kind words regarding your stay. We are glad that you were able to visit Dorney Park, which is very close by and a nice experience. We look forward to your return and thank you again for the feedback; I will be sure to pass it on to the staff - who will be happy to hear of the nice things you had to say about your visit.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

On Saturday, Sep. 22, 2012 my wife and I attended William Allen High School 50th Class Reunion. What a fantastic affair from start to finish. The Reunion Committee selected your venue, Holiday Inn Conference Center to celebrate our 50th year reunion based on your staff assurances of perfection. You all have exceeded expectations. We want to thank you and your unbelievably talented staff for such a phenomenal evening. Every detail was superb. The presentation of the food and hors d’oeurves was fantastic. The setting was relaxing and beautiful. Thank You Very Much!!!!

Room Tip: A great Place to hold any funtion. Huge ballrooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank You so much for your kind words regarding the reunion event you attended at our hotel. On behalf of the whole team, it was a pleasure to host your group. I will be sure to share your feedback with them, and they will be delighted to hear it. We do hope that you share your experience with others and if you are in the area again that you once again choose us.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had my reservations about staying at this hotel after reading all the "below average reviews submitted by TA members. Nonetheless, I was told by our company that this is the hotel we use when visiting our company's local Allentown office. The good: Check in was easy and the front desk lady took care of everything in a very efficient manner. The bad: I did notice the carpets in my room did not look very clean and the window glass had a really thick white film that looked like some type of mold or paint?. The sink in the bathroom was clogged and the bathtub lever that activates the shower head was not sealing properly. I immediately reported for bathroom issues to the front desk and unfortunately, they only took care of one (the sink). The final straw was the fact that one day, the cleaning people forgot to empty the trash cans in the room. Bottom line, there are plenty of hotels in the area and next time I am in Allentown, I will for certain try somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dansladen
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for the issues you encountered. With the finishing touches underway regarding several dozen rooms receiving carpet upgrades and windows getting resealed, those particular issues you encountered will be avoided by future guests. The drainage/shower items and trash not being emptied have been reviewed with the chief engineer and dir. of housekeeping respectively to immediately address so we can avoid future issues of this nature. Thank you again for providing this feedback. If you do happen to be in the area again and choose to give us another chance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can help ensure that you receive the type of experience that you, and all our guests, deserve.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's a nice looking hotel with impressive lobby and dining area. My room was near the back of the hotel on a basement level. It was very noisy and stank of mildew. Not the best but I would guess some of the upper level rooms would be okay.

Room Tip: Get an upper level.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am deeply sorry that you experienced this on or lower level floor. We looked into this and it appears as though an air handler in the hall that contributes to proper conditioning in the rooms in that section is in need of some repair. We appreciate that you have brought this to our attention so we can rectify the issue.
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We parked in the back and went in the back, which smelled like cigarette smoke. Then we proceeded down the hallway and passed some areas of dirty carpet. Considering the price, that should not be. Speaking of price-breakfast is NOT included. This made me think breakfast was going to be out of this world, at $11.99. It was the worst breakfast I ever had. I had a much better FREE breakfast at the Hampton Inn. First there is only pork(ham and bacon) . Second only 4 kinds of cereal- Rice Krispies, Corn flakes, Granola and Cheerios. (I hate all those.) Third: the only pastries were plain muffins. The line for waffles was too long. The only whole grain or whole wheat was the toast. Very few bagels. The only tea was black Lipton tea. No omlette station. I only enjoyed the fresh fruit- for $11.99!!!! Oh, the cheese eggs were good, but not for $11.99. If i had known I would have gone to IHOP and had whole wheat pancakes or an omllette for cheaper with whole wheat bagels and lemon tea and turkey sausage. Don't eat at the Holiday Inn if you're health conscious or you like variety. They didn't even have Apple Jacks. The Hilton Garden inn has a breakfast buffet with all the fixins and an omlette station. It's $13.99 and you'll love the variety. I'm talking 3 kinds of oatmeal and hot chocolate even.

Room Tip: Go out for breakfast-trust me. Don't waste your $12.00. There is no menu to order from even.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
JFLowe, General Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for providing this feedback. I am very sorry that you encountered these issues.. The two things you single out are exactly the two items we are currently revamping and improving. The carpet is undergoing updating as I write this and the entire breakfast experience is also in the process of being updated. We have recently almost doubled the offerings and have added rotating specials. We have also hired a new Food & Beverage Manager and he has been challenged with bringing our breakfast experience to a consistently great level. We do hope that you choose to visit us in the future so you can experience these positive changes. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if the opportunity arises that brings you back to this area; I would love the opportunity to deliver the experience that you, and all our guests, deserve.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#10 of 30 in Allentown

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!