“Wonderful weekend”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here in order to attend Berks Jazz Festival plus visit son at nearby university. The hotel is conveniantly located to the highways and PA Turnpike, easily accesible. From check-in to check-out, the front-desk staff, chef, food service personnel, and houskeepers were friendly and always checking if there was anything you may need. The room size and set-up was just right for my husband and I, and the king size bed was comfortable. Best feature was the cooked-to-order breakfast, which we actually won as a complimentary gift. Staying here was a large factor in our weekend getaway turning out well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn and will let my team members know that they contributed to your experience. We hope to see you again soon. GM- Richard Sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for a scrapbooking event. They are in the process of remodeling but we didn't know it. The place is very nice. Their breakfast was awesome by resturant standards!! No skimping here!! We are planning to have a repeat event and I am looking forward to it. The staff are very friendly and super helpful!! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If your room was not facing the parking lot it would be darker at night without having to use the bl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We appreciate the opportunity to host your group! Thanks again for your positive feedback and we really hope to see you the next time in our beautiful Hilton Garden Inn. GM- Richard Sanchez
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first time staying here was for my hustands Birthday in Jan. 2013 (Pre Renovations.) The Hotel location is perfect for what we had wanted to do. We were far enough away from RT. 22 and the conjestion that can happen during the week or weekends, but close enough to the mall and local shopping that we can still go out and not have to worry about traveling too long time in traffic. We were also close enough to local wineries that it was nice to see them in winter. The staff were extreamly friendly and helpful.

My 2nd trip was just this weekend (During some Renovations) and once again My husband and I were pleased. Some of the staff remembered us (by face recognistion I'm sure.) and once again all pleasant. The entrance foyer of the Hotel looks GREAT!!! Our hotel room was on the 1st floor (which we usually go do for peace and quiet reasons) was quiet, and the ordered breakfast there for the first time. It was great!

Overall we would definately stay again and would recommend this hotel for anyone who want's to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We appreciate you chose our Hilton Garden Inn for your special weekend get away! Thanks again for your kind words and we really hope to see you the next you are in Allentown West. Don’t hesitate to contact us in advance if we can help you arrange anything for you.
General Manager-Richard Sanchez
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Kitchen manager was cheerful, friendly, and provides a great service. The lobby renovation is lovely. Restaurant next door had some mixed reviews online but I found it quite yummy for takeout, which I ate in the Hilton Garden Inn lobby without incident. There are a lot of tractor trailers passing through this area, but I think this is a hotel that sees mainly business folks as guests during the week (cars in parking lot were either very nice or shiny, clean rentals like mine).

Staff did a good job all around.

Room Tip: Staff is happy to accomodate you if you let them know you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton garden Inn Allentown West. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Valerie(Kitchen Manager) was helpful!! I will be sure to share your comments with the team. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way. General Manager- Richard Sanchez
Syracuse,NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Undergoing renovations , but minimal impact on our stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice made to order breakfast in comfortable environment.
Very nice King Suite. Rather comfortable bed. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind remarks, I hope to see you soon after we’re done with all renovation so you can enjoy all the new amenities we have to offer. Safe travels…GM- Richard Sanchez
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed two nights in February, in a room with two queen beds. Bedroom and the bathroom were spotless. The room was spacious with a coffee maker, refrigerator and small microwave. We stayed a Saturday and a Sunday night and there was no tidying or cleaning done on the Sunday which was odd. We had to ask for a couple of extra towels as there is no-where to hang them in the bathroom to dry after use (there was a hook on the back of the door but it didn't do much for towels for two adults and two children!).
Hallways are noisy and like most hotels voices echo everywhere. Room walls are thin and the first night in particular we were kept awake by people talking next door and people talking on the corridors.
We used the pool on all three days we were there -- it was great for the kids -- clean and well maintained.
The lobby area was just on the verge of being completed from what was an extensive renovation and looked like it would be very nice.
The breakfast area is right at the front lobby area. We booked online and paid $22 extra for the room to have breakfast included. I was expecting the usual buffet fare with pastries etc. but it was a buffet with an addition of a cooked to order selection that included omelets, belgium waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage. We did have a issue with the breakfast and they worked incredibly hard to fix it and make sure we were happy and satisfied. I couldn't have asked for more.
There are a number of reasonably priced restaurants in the area around the hotel, though you really need to drive to them as this is off a highway. Parking is free and plentiful.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't take a room beside the stair exits as the doors slam shut.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I'm so happy that you enjoyed the amenities the our Hilton Garden Inn has to offer. I sincerelyapologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again to enjoy our new renovated lobby and guest rooms. Thank you for your loyalty-General Manager-Richard Sanchez
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed overnight at Hilton Garden inn and it was a nice stay. Hotel room was clean and bed comfortable. Cookie and fruits and free water were good.

Next door Grill had nice food and just a short walk from the hotel. Hotel is in renovation but i could not notice any thing which was inconvenience. Small excercise room was sufficient for the property and had decent equipment (treadmills and ellipticals).

Very close to I-78.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Hilton Garden Inn. Hope to see you return in the near future so you can benefit from all the renovation to our lobby and guests' rooms. Safe travels....GM- Richard Sanchez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection
Staybridge Suites Allentown West
Wingate by Wyndham Allentown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West? Share your experiences!