“Lovely Hotel, Great Staff, Convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Lovely Hotel, Great Staff, Convenient”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend and a bunch of friends last year but must say I enjoyed everything about my stay and would stay again. We pre-paid online and got four rooms; we were headed to Dorney park as a little getaway and this hotel is a good distance from there. There were a lot of things near by as well for convenience such as fast food restaurants and Walgreens where we stopped to get items we did not remember. We also got a good tip that you could get discounted Dorny Park tickets at the Wawa store. But enough about Dorney park. The hotel had a lot of great features, we did not try the pool but the fitness center was nice and spacious and great for the specific things we wanted to work out. The breakfast was DELICIOUS!! I think we paid 10 per person which included cook to order food, pastries, juice,and fruit. You cannot beat this deal anywhere, not even at ihop. I loved the layout of the rooms, they were spacious enough for me and my boyfriend and also had a micro-fridge unit which was pretty convenient. I travel to a lot of hotels and was pretty impressed by the letter from the general manager on the desk that welcomed you and also let you know if you needed anything to call him directly-that was top notch. I loved my stay here and would definitely go back. The staff was wonderful and I also appreciated the call I got from Isaac to confirm our stay, He was very pleasant in person as well. There were a few girls at the desk very nice and accommodating; I wish I remembered their names. But good job to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the amenities to you liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton garden Inn Allentonw West in the not too distant future. General Manager-Richard sanchez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel three nights (from Dec 28 to Dec 30, 2012). The room was standard Garden Inn - spacey enough, clean and with a good bed. We had a B&B package which I can recommend: for $12 more per room, you get a full American breakfast (made to order from the grill), which keeps you going long past noon. The hotel was quiet perhaps due not being full. The front desk staff was helpful and professional. We usually use Hampton Inns due to the includede breakfast but this was a good deal. $111 per room before taxes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thanks for your gracious comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West. I hope to see you return soon and enjoy our new renovated lobby and guest rooms. Safe travels… Richard Sanchez- General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I were visiing family in the area for thanksgiving holiday. The hotel and staff exceeded our expectations in every way. Rooms were clean with plenty of amenities. Beds were comfortable (we both slept great)...linens not the best of quality, but, as I said, we both slept great. Breakfast is dynamite (we got the bed and breakfast package). There's no menu, you just tell the chef what you want...excellent. Complimentary coffee in the morning...plenty of newspapers and fruit throughout the day. Staff was so friendly. For thanksgiving day, they made sure all guests new ahead of time that there would be limited service and they went around the day prior asking the guests what they would need for Thanksgiving day. Good management.

Some of the finest hotels in the world could take a few tips from these folks. I would definitely recommend for business as well as a weekend get away from the kids (although we were not there for the weekend...perhaps different clientele ?).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richard S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our Hilton Garden Inn, so glad you were able to experience our warm hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon. General Manager- Richard Sanchez
Hurricane, Utah
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 10/26. We normally stay at a hampton Inn but wanted to try another Hilton brand. The staff was friendly and helpful, check in and out was fine, the room was clean and well laid out.
We thought the bathroom and shower were smaller than most Hamptons. Overall it was a nice place to stay, a bit pricey bur since we used points that didn't matter so much. We let prior to breakfast (7 am start on weekends) so we can't comment on it.
We'd stay there again

Room Tip: try Florence's Italian Grill and Sports bar next door.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all, thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry you weren’t satisfied with the rate it does vary based on demand in the area. However, we do run with bed and breakfast packages and other discounts in case you’re interested in the near future. We hope to see you soon and maybe try our cooked to order breakfast with everything you need to start your day off right… General Manger- Richard Sanchez
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Basically, this is a mid-range hotel. But there are several things that make it stand out from the many others in this price range. First, the hotel is very well appointed, with pleasant touches throughout. The room was spacious, the bed was firm but comfortable. There is a very good breakfast buffet for $9.95 with eggs made to order etc. that you would expect from a much more expensive and larger hotel. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The workout room is in fabulous shape with new equipment, TV's on the stair master, and very clean. The pool is too small for laps, but fun, and the jacuzzi was hot!

Typical of Hilton, you might spend a few more dollars, but get more than you expected.

Room Tip: If you go on the weekends, watch out for sports teams. They usually are on the first floor, so get...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richard S, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay!! we do strive to provide excellent service to all our guests. We do host teams during the summer but we try our best to keep our leisure business travelers on the upper floors. I hope to see you again soon and see our new renovated lobby and guest rooms by the end of the year. Safe travels..Richard Sanchez- General Manager
Absecon, NJ
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our family stayed for an overnight to visit Hawk Mountain, Cabelas & Crystal Cave. Very easy to find off the highway and located near alot of fast food places & a Wawa. 20 minutes to Cabelas.

The room was clean.
Two double beds were too small for us.
The comforter keep sliding off the bed.
The vents were dusty setting off all of our allergies.
Only 3 large towels in the bathroom for 4 people wasn't enough.
The indoor pool was small but sufficient, the water was cold and my kids didn't last very long.
For $98, didn't included a free cold breakfast. I thought there was one until we got there. The website doesn't specify it was free or not. My fault for not asking. The other Hilton Inn around the corner does offer a free breakfast.
Room did have a fridge and microwave which was good for kids.

When we got home, our bill was $25 higher. They put a $25 incidentals charged on your account for 5 days. I was never told at check in. When I called, the girl said oh was it exactly $25 more? That's the incidentals hold it will come off in about 5 days. When I said I was never told, she put me on hold for awhile and then transferred me to her manager's voice mail. I feel like I was blown off. For that reason we will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback in order to correct our deficiencies. The $25 hold for incidentals it's something that we do not control, your bank releases the funds within 5 to 10 business days. We do not offer cold continental buffet like other brands but for only $9.95 we offer a cooked to order breakfast prepared by our chef and includes a full buffet. I do hope you give us another try; we offer different packages and discounts that include breakfast. Thanks again...Rchard Sanchez- General Manager
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while in the area for a 5k race in September. The room was not terribly large, but was clean. There was a coffee maker, small refridgerator and microwave available in the room. The bathroom was sufficient -- not tiny. Nothing remarkable about this hotel, but the staff were friendly and helpful.

The check-in process was simple and fast.
The breakfast was fine, and the attendant was extremely nice and attentive.
The parking is plentiful and of course free. This location had a business center, pool, hot tub, fitness, etc. however I did not use any of those amenities.

I would stay at this Hilton again. Traffic in the area is heavy, but it's close to the highway which is convenient depending on your needs. There were restaurants around, however, I chose a place a few miles away based on prior experience and enjoyment (Carrabas).

My only complaint would be that the hotel seems pricey for Allentown Pennsylvania, however, it seemed to be in line with other hotels in the area. Surprising to me, since it isn't exactly a tourist attraction area like DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I do hope to see you again so you can experience our new renovated lobby and guest rooms by the end of the first quarter of 2013. Thanks again!!! General Manger- Richard Sanchez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Allentown Park Hotel Ascend Collection by Choice Hotels
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#10 of 30 in Allentown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West? Share your experiences!