“First time Hilton customer, I will be back”

Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Breinigsville
Montgomery, New York
“First time Hilton customer, I will be back”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have been loyal to Holiday Inn for years. I joined the priority club and have since tried to use the Holiday inn brand. Unfortunately, the credit card linked to my priority club account charges an annual fee. After some research, I found that the Hilton reward card does not charge an annual fee and the program is similar. I decided to try this Hilton Garden Inn as a one night stop on a road trip. I'm glad I did. I really liked this hotel. It was clean, comfortable, and exceeded my expectations. I paid an extra $4 in the room charge to include breakfast for myself and my son (it was easily worth it...buffet or cooked....all you can eat either way....what a value!). The pool was nice...there is an attached jacuzzi that was amazingly comfortable. My son loved swimming there! The main issue I had was finding the location. It was sort of hidden, although it was pretty close to the main road. There was some construction/detours in the area that made things even worse. All in all a nice stay and I will definitely frequent the Hilton brand again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank vinscamaro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My family w/ 3 young kids stayed here for the Labor Day Weekend visit at Dorney Park. This hotel was owned and operated by Irish Americans I believed. The rate was cheap and the Hotel/swimming pool were so cleaned and well maintained. There were fridge, microwave, game console, and remote printer in every room. The rooms are more spacious than other hotels. The staffs are friendly American-born citizens. We definitely will come back to this hotel for any family visit in Allentown or vicinities. HGI West keeps up the good work.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Westbury, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2011

we stayed at this hotel for our two day trip to Dorney park its like 10 mins away we stayed in the non-smoking section and the hallway smelled like if it was the smoking area but inside of the room it didnt which was good the room was clean and comfortable. the breakfast food was not good there is a Diner across the street that was excellent and the italian restaurant next to door to the hotel was great. i would stay there again but i wouldnt eat there breakfast

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We were just stopping to spend the night enroute to somewhere else. I have had good experiences with Hilton Garden Inn, and recently made it my chain of choice. i received the expected good service at check in, and the general appearance and cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. I was dismayed to find that my sheets had not been changed from the precious tenant. I do commend the staff for promptly correcting the problem, but I have been encountering this more and more, so check your sheets carefully upon check in.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Susan C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
We want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and have addressed the issue with our management team. It is not our practice to settle for less than perfect service. We hope that you will give us another try in the near future.
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I have no idea what hotel these bad reviews come from, but it is NOT the Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West!! Let me just say that we had an AMAZING TIME!! Not what I have found EVER in a hotel. My family and I had been up to Blue Mountain snowtubing (Lots of fun and only 10 – 15 mins from the hotel) and were very cold. I didn’t want to drive home (an hour & half away), so I had made arrangement to stay overnight at the Hilton Garden Inn. What an EXCELLENT choice!! As we walked into the hotel lobby there was free coffee, tea & hot chocolate to warm us up, along with a nice fire going in the fireplace. It was so cozy & inviting, we were warm in no time. After a very pleasant check-in, we went up to our room. We had a LOVELY SUITE with BIG BEAUTIFUL, pillow-top beds. Everything was so nice & clean. The bed, pillows (5 on each bed) and blankets were all so soft & perfect!! We all slept like KINGS!! Nice late check-out (12 Noon) allowed us to take our time in the morning before heading home. The kids had wanted to go into the pool, so we did while Mom got some more sleep. I stopped off on my way to the pool for another round of hot chocolate and to see if I could get another shampoo (we took showers the night before & wanted to shower again before we left). The woman at the Front Desk (Ella) was INCREDIBLE!! She gave me a couple of shampoos, conditioner, soap, a razor in case my wife needed it, all in a little bag, it was like she thought of everything. She spoke with my girls to make sure that they were enjoying themselves and told them to come back to see her before we went home. We swam around in the pool for a few hours (it was a nice, heated indoor pool, not huge, but very nice with a hot tub attached) and then went back to the room to get Mom and pack up. When we went to check out, Ella went into the office and pulled out a basket with all kinds of “prizes” to let the girls pick one. There were coloring & sticker books, cards, stuffed animals and all kinds of goodies to choose from, nothing expensive, but just a real nice, thoughtful touch for the kids. They LOVED it and Ella. They ended up giving her hugs and we even took a picture with her by the fireplace. Ella’s personality and thoughtful gestures made such an impact on our stay. I felt like she genuinely cared about us and wanted our stay there to be perfect, and it was, it was like being with FAMILY!! Ella explained about some of the attractions in Allentown and that the hotel had promotions in the spring/summer where you get 2 Adult tix to Dorney Park (another great place for the whole family with new rides for 2011) and overnight at the hotel for $129.00. You can NOT beat a deal like that!! This hotel was such a value!! I booked on Expedia and got a great rate for booking 14 days in advance (TIP). The hotel has a homemade buffet breakfast in the Restaurant next to the lobby, which had a great variety of different foods, they were making whatever anyone wanted for them. It wasn’t included (I did hear that some of the package did have it included), but wasn’t expensive either. Note to the Management of this hotel, whatever you are doing, just keep doing it!! With people like Ella, people who love people and what they do, you have a WINNING formula!! We will be back again, and again!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Being a Hilton diamond club member on business travel I tend to seek out the Hilton Garden Inn. As a business traveler it has 3 distinct advantages:

1. King Rooms have the select comfort mattress that can be dialed to soft or firm. I love this mattress and I sleep well every time.

2. The Herman Miller desk chair is AWSOME....it is the best work chair I have ever found.

3. The breakfast, although not free, is always of higher quality and you have a choice between custom made or buffet.

I arrived at the Allentown location and was greeted by the friendly desk manager. Unfortunately she advised they did not have a King Room as requested. I was disappointed because the double rooms do not have the select comfort mattresses. I was presented with the key and a coupon for a free drink or my choice including liquor/beer. The lobby is bright and cheery and very well designed and organized.

I arrived at my room and entered. The room was clean, neat and well stocked with amenities. The room was a little cold so I turned up the heat via the wall mounted thermostat. To my relief the HVAC was incredibly quiet and barely audible. This is one of the most important issues in deciding to return.

I checked the bed and found it to clean with crisp, white sheets and the comforter appeared to be freshly laundered. The bathroom was very clean and the water pressure in the sink and shower was adequate.

The television was standard definition, disappointing, for this hotel they really should include flat screen TV’s and HD channels. I had a problem with the remote control during the evening hours. I went to the front desk and they quickly dispatched maintenance that came to the room to replace the batteries or remote control if necessary. It was the batteries but a nice touch to have the on call maintenance person respond.

The desk/work area was large and well lit, and again the desk chair is fantastic. I find myself sitting in that chair more than the other. The internet connection was adequate, DSL speeds, my test showed around 4 mps. The furniture in the room was all clean and comfortable. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker were all clean and in proper working order.

The pool was warm and inviting and well stocked with towels. The workout area had excellent equipment and was clean with a wall mounted television.

I slept well and heard very little outside noise.

Breakfast was served during the morning hours, the selection was excellent and the food quality was much higher than other chains. The staff working the breakfast area was friendly, energetic and nice to converse with.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will return when in the area. I would definitely recommend. The hotel is directly behind the Samuel Adams Brewery and several restaurant choices are within walking and driving distance. Excellent on/off I78. Price, with all applicable taxes included, for a Wednesday night in February was $152.90.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Muskywin
Chicago
Reviewed December 14, 2010

A small designer purse, an MP3 player, Bose headphones and my phone charger went misslng and of course the only peopel with access to my room - Housekeeping, had no idea where it went. The beds are so lumpy and the pillows are so hard I couldn't sleep.
The T'v' s are about 10 years old.
The only think I have nice to say is that the people at the font desk are nice and accomidating. They can't help that the housekeeping crew are crooks and the rooms suck.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breinigsville
Holiday Inn Conference Center Lehigh Valley
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Allentown-Fogelsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Allentown-West/Fogelsville
Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West
Staybridge Suites Allentown West
Sleep Inn Allentown
Sleep Inn Allentown
#8 of 30 in Allentown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Allentown West? Share your experiences!