“Great accomodations, comfy beds, convenient location and a wonderful staff!”

Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Breezewood
Glen Burnie, MD
“Great accomodations, comfy beds, convenient location and a wonderful staff!”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I'm a frequent traveler. I am very particular when it comes to hotels. Cleanliness, good service and friendly people and pretty good value for the dollar are are what's important.

Me and my hunting buddy have been staying at the Quality Inn for years and it never dawned on me to post a review until now. As I stated before, I'm a frequent traveler. My wife and travel internationally a couple of times a year, and stay at very nice resorts, (Sandals, RCI Gold Crown properties), and we've also cruised a alot. In a nutshell, we know what we like when it comes to accomodations.

The hotel is conveniently located in Breezewood Pa, (known to some as the Town of Hotels), on Rte 30, at the end of I-70 and next to the PA turnpike. There are many hotels in the immediate vicinity, along with a large travel-plaza and lots of fast-food joints, (Denny's, McDonalds, Hardee's, etc). Quality Inn is also a short drive from many rural attractions,(covered bridges, quaint restaurants), great fishing, (the Juniata River is minutes away), and beautiful scenery. There are also a couple of nice golf courses within a short drive, Down River Golf Club, (definitely hit the "Fish Fry" on Fridays, and Bedford Springs.

That's all well and good, however, we're there because we hunt. We've been deer hunting near Breezewood for the past 25 years at a nearby farm that a buddy of ours owns. In that time, we've stayed at several different hotels, (they dont' call Breezewood "the Town of Hotels" for nothing), until we finally settled on the Quality Inn Breeze Manor.

Without naming names, most of the other hotels we stayed in the past in Breezewood were kind of dumpy. The owners were okay, but the accomodations weren't the cleanest, nor the service all that great. Finally, (maybe 10 or so years ago?), we discovered a gem. The Quality Inn Breeze Manor. The initial impression is CLEAN! It's 60's style architecture and the grounds are immaculate. The grass, the parking lot, the sidewalks, the lobby, all of the common areas are clean and well maintained. As far as the grounds go, my only suggestion, (and it's a nit-picky one at that), would be to have the numbers repainted on the curbs in front of the parking spots.

I'm terrible with names, but it's immediately apparent that the friendly staff, (Owners John & Judy(?), Rhonda, and Judy(?)), take a great deal of pride in their hotel, and work. The housekeeping staff also take pride in their work, as is evident by the cleanliness of the rooms. Like I stated before, the owners and staff are great. They're knowledgeable about the area and are quick with a smile and friendly conversation.

Also, with no offense meant whatsoever, it's refreshing to stay in a hotel that's owned and operated by Americans. I could elaborate, but 'nuff said in that regard.

We always stay in the "older?" single-story building in the rooms with 2 Queen beds. (When I state "older", it's not meant as a negative....the building is quite nice.)

We usually get room 116 or 115, which I believe is touted as an "Executive" room. In addition to the 2 Queen beds, there is second sink and small vanity area outside of the bathroom. This last stay, we were in room 115. The beds are some of the most comfortable that we've ever used. Crisp, clean sheets and bedding and the some of the most comfortable pillows, ever. (The only place that might possibly have more comfy pillows is in the concierge tower rooms at the Atlantis Casino Resort, in Reno.) Let's put it this way, I loved the pillow so much that I bought 4 of them. There is a small nightside table, and a larger bureau, with an okay-sized TV and plenty of drawers. There's also an iron, etc

The free breakfast is surprisingly good. The quality is definitely a couple of notches higher than the typical free breakfast offerings at other hotels. I just wish that they would start serving breakfast earlier on opening day of deer season!!

I read an earlier review, concerning road noise. Well....Breezewood is adjacent to the PA turnpike, so some road noise is to be expected. It wasn't very noticeable and, truthfully, people who complain about road noise in a hotel next to a turnpike, are probably the same type of folks who buy a house near an airport, then complain about the noise.

We'll be staying there again in a few weeks and, as long as John & Judy own the place, we'll be staying there again, and again in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
New York, N.Y.
Reviewed October 19, 2010

This place is so clean I'll bet it is cleaner than your own home, which is what the staff strives for. The beds are so comfortable you are likely to want to linger in the morning. This is the eastern most motel/hotel in Breezewood, PA, with beautiful views of the country to the north and east. It is very convenient to Pennsylvania Turnpike Exit 161 (I 76 where I 70 joins it from the south). The one and two story buildings are sturdy construction so the rooms are incredibly quiet. We had two adjacent rooms on the second floor and were very pleased. This Inn has been managed by the same family for three generations, and they take care to serve their customers well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pa.
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The short of it: nice staff, nice rooms, super-loud traffic noise in some rooms: take earplugs or find another motel. Good breakfast, although eating area way too small for size of motel.

Breezewood, Pa., is one giant traveler's stop just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Bright lights, gas stations, and motels can overwhelm the weary traveler, so it's a good idea to have a game plan before arriving there. On a recent trip from Philadelphia to western PA I pre-booked a room at the Quality Inn as a late-night stopover. I arrived around 11 p.m. and was greeted by the wonderful front desk attendant (Reba), who promptly checked me in and pointed me to my room. She also took great pains to tell me about how the motel had won "Platinum Status" from Choice Hotels for presumably being well above average.

The motel complex is sprawling and consists of one and two-level buildings. It's obviously a 1950s or 60s vintage location and retains that family-owned feel. I drove over the my room, and as soon as I got out of the car realized that the building I was in was literally right next to the exit ramp from the highway, with big rigs constantly flowing by and using their engine compression brakes to slow them down (you know the sound of a big rig decelerating, right? not good.). My room was on the second floor at the very end, and probably the worst room in the complex. Before going up to my room I walked back to ask the friendly Reba about switching rooms to a quieter one, but alas there was no more room in the inn and I was stuck with it. "It's very quiet inside and well soundproofed, she assured me. So I figured I'd give it a shot.

I went up to the room, got ready for bed, and laid there listening to the trucks driving by. No way I was going to be able to sleep with that noise. I got dressed and walked back over to the office to see if they at least had some earplugs that I could get. I told the front desk attendant that the room was really loud, despite what she said earlier. She then admitted she had never actually been in that room to hear the noise. She checked for earplugs, but none were on hand. Having spent nearly one-hundred dollars for the room I wasn't very happy about not being able to get any sleep, so I asked if I could at least get a discount. She called the on-duty manager, John, who suggested (via Reba) that if I didn't like the room I could go find another one somewhere in Breezewood, but good luck at midnight. Hmmm... so much for Platinum award-winning customer service. At that point I was so tired that I got in my car, drove down into town and bought some earplugs at a convenience store just so I could get some sleep in my $100 motel room.

After a fitful nights sleep I headed over to the free breakfast, which was pretty good, although not quite up to the standards I've found in other choice hotels. Hard-boiled eggs (cold), fresh sausage gravy and biscuits (a nice touch), doughnuts, etc. The eating area is VERY small, with only 4-5 small tables for a motel that has a lot of rooms. Expect that you will have to carry your food back to your room on a tray and eat there, rather than in the breakfast area (that's what the staff was advising people to do). Personally, I don't find that very relaxing for breakfast, but others may prefer eating in their own room. Just be aware of this.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank BriPhilly
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My husband & I stayed at this hotel on September 28th, room 136. We got an online senior rate of $71.99 plus tax. This rate was about $25 cheaper than the other hotels in the area. The hotel room was the cleanest room we have ever stayed in. Although the bathroom was a little dated it was absolutely spotless. It still had the yellow toilet & bathtub that has been there for many years but very very clean!! The furniture was very nice and looked like it was brand new.
The beds were extremly comfortable. Nice crisp white sheets and pillows on the bed!! It is an older hotel but the attention to detail beat some of the newer hotels hands down!! Wireless internet was great. Lots of places to eat in Breezewood. Staff very friendly. I can't say anything bad about it. You can tell the management takes a great deal of pride in the hotel. Keep up the good work.We will be sure to return again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Beattyville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 19, 2010

A very nice motel indeed. Very clean, nice and comfortable, good wi-fi service. Just wish the rooms had refrigerators. I spent two nights here, using Breezewood as my headquarters for a short trip to Pennsylvania, and really enjoyed my stay here. The proprietors definitely want to earn repeat business. Even the location near the infamous Breezewood gap in I-70, and the proximity to an all-night truck stop, didn't mar the stay. There was hardly any noise from the big-rigs negotiating the ramp or idling at the truck stop. I'd definitely stay here again if I ever have to overnight in Breezewood anymore.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I stopped at the Breezewood exit off of the PA turnpike for the night and inquired at the Quality Inn about the rooms (after having a horrible experience at the Motel 6 in Collinsville, IL the previous night). The night clerk was very friendly and accomodating. When we looked at the room, we were amazed by how clean and how well-maintained. Great beds, pillows, free wi-fi internet. There was more coffee, sugar, and creamer in the room than what other hotels provide (coffee maker in the room). The next morning when we could see the property well, everything was landscaped very nicely. Their pool was open and well-maintained. They offered a breakfast that included sausage gravy, biscuits, and a number of other items. With tax, the room cost us around $76. The rooms are non-smoking, but they have chairs outside of the rooms for the smokers to sit (if needed). This is a family-run motel since the 50's is what I learned. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
Reviewed August 28, 2010

clean , comfortable, tasteful. moderate price. great staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
#5 of 10 in Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#6 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Quality Inn Breeze Manor? Share your experiences!