“A nice surprise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Breezewood
Virginia
“A nice surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I had not planned to spend the night on my way home from gettting my son from college but we left the school later than planned and by the time we arrived in Breezewood, the eyelids were getting heavy. So, I was really looking for a clean place to stay that didn't break the bank. This was it! It looked like an old motel which made me a little nervous. It was midnight when we arrived so all I saw was the office. ( In the morning, it was apparent that the property had been well maintained.) The lady and a younger women she appeared to be training could not have been nicer! They listened to what I needed, got me registered, showed me where to park to make sure a potential early morning oil delivery didn't block me in, and off we went to bed. The room was very large with 2 comfortable beds and a large TV (although we never turned it on). Everything was very clean...always my biggest concern! The next morning, when we left the room to check out, the housecleaning staff was already busy with smiles on their faces and "good morning" on their lips. We stopped by the office, expecting coffee and MAYBE a box of doughnuts and we were very surprised. Waiting was a crockpot of sausage gravy, biscuits (premade but certainly adequate), a waffle maker, hard boiled eggs, bagels, English muffins, etc. Everyone in the office was again, very pleasant. I was so very positively impressed and will now not hesitate to stop on those long trips back home from taking/picking up my child.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Petersburg PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had read the other reviews and everyone was very happy with their choice. I was as well. The motel is one of the older types and I read later in the room that it was one of the first in Breezewood and that it became a Quality Inn in the mid-50s. The exterior was well-maintained with lots of well-kept flower beds. I was a bit concerned when I saw that our room was the closest to the busy Route 30 and I-70 intersection. No need to worry. The room was well-insulated and I did not hear a thing. The interior was very nice and very clean. The bathroom had been re-modeled with nice tile, bath, sink etc. We were very comfortable and I would not hesitate to stay here again. We did not try the breakfast as we wanted to go to Bob Evans.

Room Tip: I don't think any room would be bad.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times on trips between our home in NJ and visits with family in Indianapolis. It breaks the 12-hour trip into 4- and 8-hour segments when we decide not to do the whole drive in one day. As noted in other reviews, this is an older hotel/motel, but the property is very well maintained and the rooms are updated periodically (Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs, comfortable beds). The staff is always friendly. Definitely above average fare for the free breakfast, including make-your-own waffles, sausage gravy with biscuits, and hard boiled eggs in addition to cereal, donuts, bagels, toast, cinnamon rolls, etc. Discount for seniors (AARP) and AAA members. Excellent value! Ask for directions to the nearby Perkins restaurant for a good place to eat dinner at a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were so pleased with our stay on our trip from Ohio to NJ that we stayed here on the way back as well. Staff were very friendly, the room was very clean and comfortable. Looks like a 1950's style motel on the outside, but the rooms are modern with a touch of nostalgia (the tile surrounds are retro 1950's colors, but floor tile in bathroom is modern, as are the fixtures). My husband was surprised that I made a reservation there, as I usually steer clear of motels, but I was going by the great reviews I read...and they were right! I wasn't disappointed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OhioLisa66
Belmont, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This area pretty much has an expensive Holiday Inn, several very scary looking motels, and Quality Inn. What a gem and I was so happy tripadvisor helped me find it! Excellent, up to date rooms that were very clean and comfortable. Priced far far lower than the Holiday Inn. Owner operated and been in the family for years, they are proud to be rated #1 and of their place. Our room was very nice, clean, comfortable. Highway and truck noise but you would have that anywhere you stayed in this town. Breakfast was fair but typical of the complimentary hotel breakfast. Spectacular morning view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Very easy on/off the Turnpike.

Room Tip: No elevators so do not get 2nd floor room if you don't want to or can't haul your things up...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura B
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at the Quality Inn for one night while traveling to Gettysburg over Easter break. The staff is very friendly.

The room was very clean and spacious. The beds comfortable and the shower hot with great water pressure. It sits on the edge of the main road in a quieter location. We had first stopped at the Holiday Inn Express where the rooms were more expensive and the location more noisy.

The breakfast was complimentary and plentiful.l It included suasage gravy & biscuits that my husband loved. There were also pastries , fruit, cereal, juices, coffee and make your waffle station which my son loved!

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay. With the money we saved we enjoyed a nice dinner once we checked in.

Also keep a look out for Sadie the sometimes resident lab (no worries very friendly)!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jaco2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

We almost stayed next door at Holiday Inn for $30 more. We almost pulled away after the "old motel" look but decided to check Trip Advisior first and very glad we did. Everything they say is legit. I was blown away by how updated the room was, the staff was great and the room was unbelievably clean. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Rhendrik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Holiday Inn Express Breezewood
#3 of 10 in Bedford
Hampton Inn Bedford
Hampton Inn Bedford
#5 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Quality Inn Breeze Manor? Share your experiences!