“worst Best Western I ever stayed at”

Best Western Plaza Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Breezewood
Boise, Idaho
“worst Best Western I ever stayed at”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Best Western is a good chain but our room on July 6, 2013 was musty. The pillows were thrown on the beds. The toilet commode was undersized, like sitting on a torture chamber. The AC unit did not dehumidify properly. If we had not been tired after a long day of traveling, we would and in retrospect should have left. Upon leaving we found an air-wick in the closet so they knew the room had a bad odor. Besides that Breezewood is a mass of second-rate restaurants and a traffic nightmare (and I'm a native Pennsylvanian). Avoid if you can.

1 Thank Barry C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Williamsburg, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were very pleased with the location, comfort, cleanliness of this hotel. We selected it primarily because of its location and pet policy. Aside from a non-working refrigerator, all was well with our stay and we would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This motel is a good value for this area. Make sure you pick up the Interstate coupon book (available at rest stops, etc.) for the best rate. Motel is at the intersection of a busy highway and near the interstate so we were concerned that it would be noisy but we didn't have any problems. Room is small but beds were clean and comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed June 16, 2013

June 10, 2013
My wife and I stayed here on a recent trip, enroute to the mountains. The room was clean and didn't smell of smoke as it was a non-smoking room. This was an 'older' unit but wasn't bad. But the beds were pretty dang hard. The 'Denny's' across the street gives a 10% discount if you stay here. The breakfast was decent looking but my wife chose Denny's instead. Checkout took awhile, because they evidently short-handed on personnel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stopped in to this Best Western during a cross country trip. I'd stayed at other Best Westerns on my trip, and expected the same.

The good: Despite the traffic snarls, it's a good location, just off the turnpike. It's close to plenty of places to eat and gas up. The guy at the counter, named Wayne, was polite, cordial and professional. The first floor room, which I requested, was clean and seemed well maintained.

The bad: The air conditioning could've been a bit more effective. It just took a long time to cool the room. The other issue was the toilet. I called the front desk to request some assistance, and Wayne came up with a plunger, and got the toilet to flush. He said he would leave the plunger, but he didn't think I would need it. Well, I did. In fact, I needed it every single time, regardless of the manner in which the toilet was employed. I went back to the front desk and requested an adjustment in the rate. All my stiff was unpacked, and it was just me in the room, so it wasn't the end of the world, but the reality is that I shouldn't have had to plunge to the toilet every time I tried to flush. Wayne gave me a nice accomodation on the rate, so I was satisfied.

The next morning, as I was checking out, Waybe was there again, and he said that he left me the plunger because he thought I might need it again. This is the same guy who, just the night before, told me he didn't think I'd need it. I can understand wanting to make a guest be comfortable, but don't throw a snow-job at him. I would've preferred that he be straight with me from the get-go.

The short version? On the off chance I have to stop in this area again, I'm not sure I would choose this motel. I might, but I might not...

Room Tip: If you want a ground floor room, arrive early and request one. That's what I did, and I got my w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Kitschy motor-lodge era mote, now masquerading as a Best Western. I knew it was a BW by the sign and the soap, but nothing else. Decent room, but not as clean as I expect from BW. The AC unit was incredibly effective. Other guests were very friendly. Close to a Hardee's and Sheetz for fine fast food dining. Easy on/off to the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Not sure if its a Sunday thing or a Breezewod thing in general, but good luck finding an adult beverage. If you like to wind down your travel day with a drink, BYO.

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel. If you are not pet-friendly, be sure to mention it when making your r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Olton, Texas
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was a very nice motel. We stayed on a Tuesday night and there was not a lot of travelers that night. They gave us with 1st floor room as my friend and I have bad knees so that was very nice. The room was very nice and flat panel TV's as well. They had a very nice breakfast also. I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
Super 8 Bedford
#6 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Best Western Plaza Inn? Share your experiences!