“The 4 of us had a wonderful time!”

Ranked #16 of 22 Restaurants in Breezewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Three Springs, Pennsylvania
“The 4 of us had a wonderful time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was not the first time we've been to this Perkins. In fact we've even ate there on Christmas! Breezewood is about 40 minutes away and it is a great motorcycle bike ride when just my husband and I go there. As with Christmas two of our grandchildren came with us. My husband had breakfast for dinner - his reason for liking Perkins. My grandchildren ordered off the children's menu. Their menus kept the four of us entertained nicely. I ordered the pork chop meal off of the senior's menu. I had never ordered from that portion of the menu because my husband was sure there was a catch - like child-size portions or something. Well, he was wrong. All of us had generous portions. The wonderful waitress (our hostess was equally nice) asked me how I wanted my pork chops seasoned and I asked for Cajun but lightly seasoned. They (I had 2) were juicy and cooked perfectly! I had the rice blend and it was very moist and not at all dry. My salad came with 2 servings of dressing. I was even impressed with my Coke soda! It was not watered down. My husband is a cherry pie fan so he was a bit distressed that he couldn't have that but did seem to enjoy his wildberry pie. I declined dessert but, as always, we took advantage of the bakery section for the next day's breakfast and because of a promotion they were having I got to get a couple of cookies for free. I liked the oatmeal raisin ones and will get them again on our next trip. Now this particular Perkins has a game room. It is small but perfect for children if you are not planning on staying in the room long.

• Visited August 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“Not Impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Knowing we had to stop in Breezewood in our travels on the turnpike, we chose Perkins based on the 2 previous reviews and for more than fast food. On a Sunday night when traffic was tied up for miles at this interchange, we should have wondered why this restaurant was almost empty. Despite that, we waited almost 5 minutes for someone to seat us. After we were seated, it took a LONG time to have our order taken. The food was just OK. Over an hour later, we were finished and wishing we had selected FAST food. The prices weren't bad and the server was friendly but the average rating is generous based on the overall experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank wennell
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Perkins rules in Breezewood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Fantastic menu for the price, great service and a free loaf of homemade bread on Mother's Day! I had a wonderful shrimp & tilapia meal that could have been served in a 4 star restaurant. It was delicious. Mixed veggies & rice was all good except for the carrots. Family had breakfast entrees that were also good. Nice, efficient waitress & clean, comfortable atmosphere. Interesting gift shop & indoor pond with goldfish & koi. Cool place to stop by & less crazy than other Breezewood restaurants.

• Visited May 2013
Fishertown PA
“Excellent Fish Dinner !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I were returning from a trip to Gettysburg where we stopped at a Perkins Restaurant in that town . We had excellent meals there that were quite reasonably priced , so on our way home we decided to stop at the Perkins Restaurant in Breezewood PA. We were quite pleased again with the establishment , even though the menu selections were not quite the same. I had a Fried Cod Dinner in Gettysburg , but it was not listed on the restaurant in Breezewood. But they did have a Grilled Tilapia Dinner (under the 55 and Older Selections - on the back page of the menu) , which was as good as the Fried Cod Dinner from Gettysburg. The sides were done excellently and the serving size was very generous. My experience with Perkins Restaurants , both in Gettysburg and Breezewood was very positive - friendly service , good sized portions , well cooked food , and all for a very reasonable price !

• Visited March 2013