“Nice surprise, wonderful stay”
Review of Wiltshire Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Breezewood
Wiltshire Motel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Breezewood
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My wife had booked a weekend for the family in Canton, Ohio to visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Induction Ceremonies on Saturday, August 8th. Due to a soccer practice, we couldn't leave Baltimore until late Friday evening. With an 8 year old and a 5 year old, we had to break up the trip.
Breezewood almost marks the halfway point. I went online and read nothing but glowing reviews about the Wiltshire. I read other reviews about chain hotels found in the area. The excellent reviews caught my interest. I called and spoke to the owner. He was very nice and helpful. He quoted me a price of $49/night, over half off what the chains were quoting. It seemed too good to be true.
We arrived late. I called him to let him know, and he said he would wait up for us. We arrived around midnight. He checked us in quickly, and gave us a quiet room. He had already turned on the air for us.
The room was larger then anticipated. Most importantly, it was spotless. I am talking very clean, just like the reviews had said. Without a doubt, the best value in Breezewood.
Another plus was location. It is slightly off the main strip. I am talking within feet. However, being off the main road allowed my kids to walk in a grassy area in the morning with no fear of getting hit. It also allowed for a very quiet night.
Please do not make the mistake I almost made and pass up this hotel. If you need a place to rest your head, you can do no better. The reviews are accurate, and the place is clean. On top of that, the owner is a true gentleman.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ryanandmolly

Reviewed August 6, 2009

The Wiltshire is a step back in time. The bathroom fixtures are straight out of the 50s, but the bathroom is spotless. In fact, it was so clean, I spent some time trying to locate some grime, to no avail. If you want fancy, this is not it. If you don't mind a traditional motel room complete with chairs outside to sit and visit and watch the traffic, this is it. We even awakened to a rooster crowing, which is especially unexpected considering the traffic intersection at which the motel is located.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank LemontPa
Reviewed July 28, 2009

This area had many places to choose from for an overnight stay while traveling. This was a half way location that e stopped at late one night. The room was older but very clean. The place was quiet. The price was sooo affordable! I wuld stay again!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I was so incredibly pleased with the Wiltshire Motel! My husband learned about the Wiltshire online and had made the reservations for me. When he told me the cost was only $45 a night, I was very suspicious. Boy, was I surprised when I arrived! The motel looked so nice from the outside, and the inside was just as great! I received excellent service, and the room was very clean and comfortable! If you need a good place to stay and you are anywhere near Breezewood, PA, you MUST stay at the Wiltshire Motel!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank lovintheUS
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I had forgotten the name of this place but knew it again as soon as I saw the other TripAdvisor comments. It is a wonderful alternative to the chains in town, and I am sold on this place permanently. We stay in Breezewood once a year as a Tpk stop, and I have subjected my family to a lot of other hotels in this town, but never again. We loved the Wiltshire last year, and we'll be back this year for more!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank strumm61
Reviewed July 4, 2009

Was travelling to the area to visit the abandoned PA turnpike, and needed a place to stay overnight for myself and two buddies. I chose the Wiltshire Motel based upon reviews I read on this site, and have no regrets with my decision. The motel offered a room with three beds - with a very reasonable rate. When I made my reservation, the owner, Immir, was very cordial, and really seemed to appreciate my business. Even though we arrived about 4 hours earlier than our anticipated check in time, the room was ready for us, and in very good order. Once again, Immir was very accomodating, and genuinely appreciative of our business. He has owned the motel for about 3 years, and purchased it from the original owners that opened the motel in the '50s.

The motel itself has been kept up well through the years - it appears that all doors and windows have been replaced recently, and the parking lot was very spacious and well lit. There definitely was a feeling of security there. Many other reviewers said the room was very clean, which I totally agree with. The room smelled fresh, and although we really did not need much A/C, it did work well, and was very quiet. The bed linens were crisp, and the carpeting was clean. Beds were comfortable, the room was quiet, and everyone had a good nights rest. The TV in the room offered many channels, and although we really didn't watch much TV, I believe there was a movie channel or two included. The bathroom was incredibly clean, and the fixtures and tile around the tub looked about as good as they did when installed in the '50s - not to mention that it was very functional, too. Plenty of water pressure, and hot water!

The bottom line is that if you need a quiet, comfortable place to stay, either when you are passing through Pennsylvania, or visiting the local attractions in the area, this is the place to stay. If you are looking for a resort-type atmosphere, you probably won't be happy here, or anywhere else in Breezewood, for that matter. I will definitely return to the Witshire Motel the next time I stay in the area!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MKXBob
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I had been stuck camping out here in Breezewood for over a week and a half. My truck with a over-the-cab camper had broken down and needed a new trans. After a week of waiting it finally came and so I needed a place to stay. The mechanic suggested the Wiltshire Motel. The first thing that popped into my mind was "is this going to be a run down hookie place." After having been here for over a week, for the most part having seen most of the town with local run down motels thats what I had thought. But when I got here it was the exact opposite. They are AAA recommended, Extremely clean, cleaner than most of the chain hotels, Cable TV. Also, the room and bathroom is set in the for back in the 60's which I thought was something different than most places. There is also AC and Heating for the different weather conditions, there is also what looks like new windows and doors.

Overall I would highly recommend the Wiltshire Motel to practically everyone traveling through here. Its right off of the highway from I-70 and I-76. There's a Denny's within walking distance as well as other amenities. The owner Immer is extremely friendly!
You will need to bring your own toiletries and blow dryer, but for the price its sooooo worth it! Thanks again Immer

Donald
Whittier, CA

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank welder1985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
0 mi away
Breezewood Motel
Breezewood Motel
#7 of 9 in Breezewood

Been to Wiltshire Motel? Share your experiences!