“Welcomed stay”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Breezewood
Newark, Delaware
“Welcomed stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Traveling home but becoming too tired to drive anymore. Used the TA app to find best hotels in Breezewood. Glad to pull into this hotel. We were welcomed by Vicki and felt like we made the right choice. Room was spacious and bed comfortable. Got a good night sleep. Internet was fast. Breakfast was very good. Wide variety of food. Sausage and omelets were awesome. After eating our fill, it was back on the road. If we are ever this way again, we will stay here. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Werbrich Family,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood. We know your time is very valuable and appreciate the fact that you were willing to spend some of it to let others know what you think of us. I am so glad to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that Vicki done such a great job. We stryve to show all our guests Great Customer Service and is is apparant we met that goal with you and your family. We do hope you will be in the area again in the near future so we will have the pleasure of serving you once again.
Have a Blessed Day!
Andrea Mellott
Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Normally a traveller that books ahead & researches everything but return route uncertain prior to our travel day left us looking at a coupon book at the visitor information Center. Chose this hotel based purely on coupon offer but pleasantly surprised at quality of beds, cleanliness and superb customer service. Offered cot at no extra charge to accommodate teenagers travelling with us. Highlight definitely breakfast as large choice of healthy options.
Thanks for the respite and will stop again if needing a stopover through this area.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jakeez
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jakeez,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your overnight accommodations. We also want to thank you for the very kind review. You highlighted some of the areas that our guests seem to really enjoy. We are delighted that you will return to our hotel in the future as that is always our goal.

Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Selected this place based on reviews on Tripadvisor and it was a GREAT choice. As hotel owners ourselves we can be quite picky, but everything was great. Property is 14 years old but looks like it could have just opened last week.

Bob checked us in and was very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast room was large and attendant friendly and food great.

Will definitely return next time we are in the area.

Stayed February 2014
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear HSBicknell53,

Thank you for staying with us. We also want to thank you for your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a great deal to our staff when people compliment their hard work. We always recommend that people check the hotel reviews as that is by far the best way to check for quality and consistency. Again, thank you for the Great review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Have a Wonderful Day
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Express franchises I have been to, and I try to stay here whenever I can. The rooms are always clean and staff excellent. Nearby restaurants are a good resource too.

I travel a lot between Ohio and DC and this is the perfect distance for me. I can leave in the afternoon or early evening in Ohio, get to the hotel well before bedtime, and then get up early to head into DC. By the time I get to DC, the rush hour traffic is pretty much gone.

On return trips, I can leave DC late in the day or early in the evening (again avoiding most of the rush hour traffic) and be in bed at a reasonable time. The next day back to Ohio is then a pleasant drive.

Either way, I save money on the much higher cost motels and hotels in the immediate Washington area.

I have stayed at this hotel three times in 2013, but only once in the summer, so I only got to the pool once. It was well maintained and surprisingly not to busy, considering it is shared with another motel.

As someone else mentioned, they are pretty aware of who is staying, and have people (not necessarily uniformed) wandering the grounds and parking areas, especially at night.

The breakfast is what you would expect, but with all the restaurants and convenience stores around, you can always pick up something to eat in the room. They have plastic "silverware", napkins, and salt and pepper in the area where they serve the breakfasts and will let you use these if you bring something in and don't have appropriate tools or salt and pepper.

Internet WI FI service can be spotty -- especially at the rooms near the ends of the halls. This hopefully has been corrected. In any event, I stayed in one of the end room and kept loosing the internet service. The system uses an off-site help desk, and they had me try different things to get better internet service. When I took my laptop into the hall, the service improved as I carried it closer and closer to the elevator. The help desk said most people don't have issues with this, but that I might want to ask for a room closer to the middle of the motel the next time I visit.

The staff is very sharp, and remembered me from one visit to another, even though I had not been back for a couple of months. Check in was a breeze. I pre-registered online at the Holiday Inn website, and the last time I was there, there was someone being served at the desk, and the attendant greeted me by name when I came in the door had my sign the paperwork, and simply handed me my "key card" and the standard "welcome" package. The person who was waiting was a bit miffed that I got "preferential" treatment, but I later found that the place was booked full and they thought I had just come in and gotten the last room which they thought they should have gotten -- even though they did not bother with a registration.

This is the last point I will make -- if you are pretty sure you want to stay in Breezewood, be sure to make a reservation. The Holiday Inn Express will let you cancel it as late as 5:00 PM (if I remember right). This insures you will get your room even on the busiest days.

Scott

Room Tip: If you need internet WI FI, the rooms near the elevator have stronger signal than those at the extre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Scott M,

Wow! That was powerful and we truly appreciate you taking the time to give such a detailed review of our property. Thank you for staying with us. We are greatful that you choose our hotel for your over night accommodations. We truly do have a great staff. They are very particular about cleanliness and they are people who have a genuine talent for Hospitality. Our goal is always for guests to leave our hotel with positive feelings about their stay.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Room was clean and the staff was nice! Took a break in our drive to D.C. and it was perfect, kinda expensive for one night. I would recommend this place to other people, even with knowing how expensive the rooms are.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Jejuana O,

Thank you for staying at our hotel. We also want to thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. Guest reviews are by far the best way to determine if a hotel is consistantly providing clean rooms and friendly service to its guests. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Have a Great Day!
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We've stayed at Holiday Inn Express locations in other areas of the country and have been generally happy. Unfortunately this was not the case this time. It was evident that this hotel ownership doesn't understand how to appeal and satisfy families. At every other Holiday Inn Express we have stayed the rooms have had a microwave oven and refrigerator. What a terrible assumption on our part I guess as we were shocked and disappointed when we entered our room and found that was was not the case this time. When I asked the front desk about this they said that this was by the owner's choice. Can you say cheap-skate? I'm shocked the Holiday Inn corporate allows this to be the case because it tarnished the company name and reputation this time. The man at the front desk recommended a "great" restaurant located right in front of the hotel by the name of YourGame Grille. What a complete waste of money! Go to McDonald's instead of this place. We were equally disappointed by the selection at the complimentary breakfast the next morning. Again, keeping in mind that we were a family with younger children there was no white bread, American cheese, and only one choice of meat(bacon) available. Wake up Holiday Inn and keep in my family when trying to satisfy your customers is all that I can say!

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you are in need of a microwave and refrigerator in your room because they don...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ringlers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Mike C,

Thank you for staying with us. We also appreciate your feedback. I apologize that we don't have microwave and refrigerators in our regular rooms as of yet. We do offer them in our suites which can be rented for a few dollars more. The hotel owners are far from cheap-skates. They care about their guests, their employees and their hotel. They upgrade and renovate our facility even when it isn't required. In fact in the next year we will begin a major renovation that will include microwaves and refrigerators among a lot of other great additions and changes. Again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will review your comments with my staff as we always trying to improve our quality and service.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This must be the best place to stay in Breezwood. Its not what you would expect among all the other truck stop style motels. There were 4 levels, the lobby was very modern and the rooms updated and clean and the beds were comfortable. Great place to stay, and we loved the free breakfast in the am. Will come back again if we ever need to stay in Breezwood again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ringlers, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Breezewood, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Amysul

Thank you for staying with us. We really appreciate your business. We would also like to thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We know people may not travel through Breezewood often, but it is GREAT to know that if they do they would stay with us again.

Have a Wonderful Day
Steve Ringler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breezewood
Quality Inn Breeze Manor
#4 of 10 in Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
Travelodge Bedford
#5 of 10 in Bedford

Been to Holiday Inn Express Breezewood? Share your experiences!