My wife and I were traveling from Virginia to Ohio to see our daughter and grandson and decided to break up the 12 hour drive with an overnight stay in Breezewood, Pennsylvania (about the midway point) to our destination in Ohio. We arrived in the evening and found the hotel was practically in the middle this major ground transportation hub. The hotel was ideally located up top of a hill overlooking the main thoroughfare with a clear view of convenience stores, several fast food restaurants, actual sit-down and be served restaurants, souvenirs shops, and many gas stations, all within short distances. Check-in was easy, fast and convenient. After checking-in we walk the short distance from the lobby to the elevators, walking by a well appointed business center, communal TV lounge, and comfortable seating arrangements throughout the area. We took the elevator to the second floor and walked the corridor to our room. Our room was simply appointed with the basics, a desk and chair, lounge chair with foot rest and a king size bed. The room was clean as was the bathroom with all the basic amenities. The heating control worked well and we were thankful as it was in the mid 20s outside. In the morning we enjoyed the complementary continental breakfast. The variety of selections was great from juices, to cereals, yogurts to fruits, bagels to toast, eggs to waffles, to pastries, etc. The person responsible to keep everything replenished, clean, and in order was very helpful and friendly and added to the whole experience. My wife and I enjoyed our brief stay and would highly recommend staying at this hotel as a comfortable pit stop between destinations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel Breezewood is conveniently located on Route 30 (Lincoln Highway) in the heart of Breezewood. The hotel is easily accessible from Interstates 70 & 76. This 75 room hotel includes standard rooms, and 12 suites with kitchenettes. Our location makes the Holiday Inn Express Breezewood an ideal place for regional meetings. We are centrally located between Philadelphia & Pittsburgh, & only 125 miles N. of Washington, DC. Our hospitality rooms are ideal for meetings & training sessions up to 50 people. Guests can start their day with our Express Start breakfast bar. Take a swim in our large outdoor heated pool. Amenities include a fitness center, business center, free local calls, free HSIA. We are 16 miles from Old Bedford Village, a restored pioneer village from pre-20th century PA. Fort. Bedford Museum & Historic Bedford, PA are both only a short distance from our hotel. Bedford County is also home to Historic Bedford Springs Resort, Heartland Hall Conference Center, 14 covered bridges & Gravity Hill, where cars roll uphill and water flows the wrong way. Down River Golf Course is located just 8 miles from the hotel. Historic Gettysburg is only a scenic hour drive from Breezewood. Several Companies are located within 20 minutes from the hotel. Companies include: JLG Industries, WSI, Genwove, REI, Lampire Biological Labs, Kennametal, New Enterprise, Seton Co., UPMC Bedford Memorial ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Breezewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Breezewood Hotel Breezewood
- Holiday Inn Breezewood
- Breezewood Holiday Inn Express