See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2014

For the price, the Breezewood Motel is awesome. I slept well, the other people who stayed there were real down-to-Earth and friendly. Mandolin was very nice, too. I rather stay there than some stuffy place that costs five times more.

Room tip: Bring a smile.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank MikeWrathell
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Was on emergency travel as my mother had passed away, made reservations for the trip home. Pulled into motel at 10:00 pm on Saturday evening and no one would answer the door. Called the phone and was told that there were no rooms available and was hung up on. Tried to call back and no one would answer the phone. My wife called from another phone< they answered and told her that they rented the last room out at 9:30 pm. There were three cars in the parking lot. Where I was raised, if you make a deal you keep your word! y.

Room tip: There is a very nice motel right behind the Breezwood, nicer rooms and very friendly.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank William B
Mandolin D, Manager at Breezewood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Hi! my name is Mandolin, and my boyfriend and I have been the new managers here since February 2014. This place has seen a lot of managers in and out, I will admit, and we deeply apologize for any inconvenience any other manager has caused you. I would like to add though, on your comment about being told the motel was full and there were only 3 cars in the parking lot... this motel has been going down hill for a couple years. (we know, weve lived in this county our whole lives) There has been several managers in and out of here, kicked out of here for not doing their jobs. The job here is to be the live-in 24/7 manager and to renovate the motel.. i believe the last managers here that were truly trying to make an effort, were Tim and Angie (who commented before). Aside from all that, we do have 22 rooms in the building. For the longest time, not even half of those rooms were open and rentable. most customers here are usually monthly residents, and most do not even have vehicles since everything is in walking distance. (which explains why maybe the motel was full, but hardly a vehicle in the parking lot). Again, we deeply apologize for your bad experience here, and we would like to inform you, that in the last 3-4 months that we have been in charge of this place, we try day in and day out to expunge the horrible reputation this place has.. I have uploaded a few pictures of our rooms that we have worked on since we started here if you would like to check them out... When we got here, there were 2 rooms open on the bottom that were rentable. In just a few short months, Brandon and I have gotten rooms 1 - 7 on the bottom open and ready for nightly and weekly customers. Out of the 22 rooms in this motel, we have opened all but 5 rooms since February. I hope if you're ever in the area again, you do stop in and give it a second chance :)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My children and I took a vaction to New Jersey this past August. I was not prepared for the toll booths and found myself with 4 kids stranded at a rest stop it seemed in the middle of nowhere. I had not a dollar to my name and had to make it back to ohio. No one wanted to help it felt. I looked on the board inside the gas station and started to call all near motels and hotels when I was directed to BREEZEWOOD MOTEL. I explained to the owner what was happening and without any second thoughts he opened a room for the kids and I for some much needed rest without careing about making money but more about careing about us as humans. When we woke the next morning I went to return his key and say many thanks when I overheard another man down on his luck being blessed also by the owner of this motel also. The rooms where VERY clean and extremly comfortable. Instead of a big name and fancy lights those are replaced with true compassion and a rare heart of gold. My kids and I will just do a vacation there because of the motel and owner.Thank you and looking forward to staying at the BREEZEWOOD INN this summer.

Room tip: There is no bad room that you could get.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank misty Z
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. While the light fixtures were not particularly bright, they were very cute. Our room had a nice desk and dresser, as well as a tv that had a nice selection of channels. Sometimes wi-fi can be picked up from neighboring establishments, but I had no luck with it that night.
The hotel is older, so the rooms are not perfect. Ours had several missing ceiling tiles and burn marks on the carpet. The rates are so reasonable, though, that these things were easy to ignore. The bathroom was super clean and the beds were comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 78stephaniek78
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had stayed at this motel about two years ago! I was desperate and low on cash, the Indian man behind the counter was very friendly. The rooms needed alot of tender loving care that just seemed to not be available. That being said, I found myself stuck in traffic the other day while a tractor trailor was on fire. I needed sleep so despite my earlier experience I stayed once again. This time I was greated with a friendly women with a pleasant demeanor and bright eyes. I was shocked by the change in the rooms and how helpful the young women was. She had told me she was the new manager. The rooms no longer seemed as dingy or depressing Kudos to the Indian man for hiring someone you want to be around will now stay again and again.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Chad B
Angela M, Manager at Breezewood Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

My husband and would like to thank you for your positive review. We are the new managers at the Breezewood Motel. We are diligently working towards remodeling and making everyone's experience a good one or a better one if you had a bad one before.