“A great place for a dining and activity oriented retreat.”

The Lodge at Glendorn
Pittsburgh, PA
“A great place for a dining and activity oriented retreat.”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

A little difficult to get to, but worth it when you arrive. Great food in the Big House and better service. I traveled to Glendorn with my kids (from Pittsburgh) and other family traveled from Oklahoma and Collorado. We rented a five bedroom cabin that accomodated us nicely. Our family got to try some things we had not done before. A fly fishing lesson was fun, but we became addicted to trap and skeet shooting. Several in our group had never picked up a shotgun before. The instruction was excellent.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lynwoodfarms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed July 6, 2009

My wife and I spent a long weekend at Glendorn cross country skiing, hiking, picknicking at the hideway (don't miss it -- they'll pack a wonderful lunch) and skeet shooting. Fabulous food, attentive service, cozy fireplaces everywhere. The view of the snow in the morning out the window of our lovely room and the anticipation of a hearty breakfast by the fire got us up early and the staff helped us choose a new adventure each day. It was like we were suddenly members of the Dorn family. It's out of the way and quiet, but that's the point isn't it? We plan to go back in the Fall to try fly fishing. Worth a special trip!

1 Thank adade13
Johnstown, PA
Reviewed July 3, 2009

This was our third stay at Glendorn. It is not easy to get there, but the isolation is one of its charms. All of the lodging facitlies are charming and well maintained. The food has always been wonderful each time we have visited (deserving of their listing in Relais & Chateaux). The staff has always been friendly and accomodating. The cross-country skiing was the recreational highlight of this visit. It is just a memorable place, clearly one of the favorite high-end boutique lodgings that we have ever visited. Not surprisingly, the price is high, but then you get what you pay for. I would rate it as a reasonable value compared to other high-end lodgings.

1 Thank HiddenGem2010
knoxville
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Thank you for a wonderful visit. The entire staff could not have been more gracious. I want to thank Damon Newpher especially for the patient and helpful manner in which he guided me on our float of the Allegheny. I have never had a guide work so hard to insure that I learned new things and caught fish. I was struggling that day with my casting but Damon was very patient and showed me some things that I have since used.

I especially enjoyed learning more about the mayflies and caddis. The evening hatch of Green Drakes were unbelievable! Thanks Damon for being so generous with your knowledge and experience.

I hope to see you all soon. Take care.

Regards,
Gary W. Wright

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank KnoxvilleGary
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Glendorn about 4 or 5 times in the last 8 years and the past visit will be the last. The biggest complaint is the meals - they were about 2 hours long and after a full day of activities, we were ready for bed midway through the dinner. Evidently a lot of people do the food and wine pairing, but if you're not interested in drinking, you still have to wait for everyone to finish their course. The meals used to be served candlelight in the main room, now they are served in the back room which doesn't have the charm. We used to look forward to the cocktail hour with the manager hosting, now it's just an impersonal event. The entire weekend seemed to be run by the waitress, who wore many hats and seemed to be managing the property - we never saw anyone in charge.
We even had a long long lunch which we left before completing because my husband had a fishing trip scheduled. Years ago it was adults only, now there are kids allowed which totally disrupts the ambience. I was prepared for a romantic weekend and I got whining, screaming kids. Very disappointed - they ruined a good thing!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Foodfan00
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed March 14, 2009

My girlfriend and I chose Lodge at Glendorn for a one-night Valentine's Day trip. We reserved our cabin online and payed 649.00 USD for the night. We were contacted by the managere the same day we reserved and he made dinner reservations for us. He was friendly and down-to-earth no stuffiness like we experienced at Fauchere. We arrived and found Glendorn snowbound. We were greeted by Scot, the hotel manager who gave us a brief history and tour of the lodge. We followed him to our cabin and he showed us in. We stayed at the Hutch. It was very roomy and had three fireplaces, kitchen, den. My girlfriend did not like the way it was decorated. The service at Glendorn makes up for the decor. Scot delivered champaine and chocolate covered strawberries while we were at dinner and gave us a late checkout. Scot and Natalie were very gracious and kind. We will be back to see Glendorn in the fall as Scot suggested. Great time.

America
Reviewed December 16, 2008

I came to Glendorn for a fun time with my family and it was great! Everyone there was so plesant and helpful. We did a lot of their fun activities and they were very enjoyable. The food was always superb. I would recommend Glendorn to all my friends!

• Stayed December 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Best Western Plus University Inn

Been to The Lodge at Glendorn? Share your experiences!