“Good choice in Bradford”

The Beefeaters Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Bradford
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Occupying one of Bradford's most beautiful architectural landmarks, The Beefeaters Restaurant strives always to deliver an exceptional dining experience befitting the legacy and grandeur of the Carnegie Library. We welcome all to savor a fine meal and drinks in a cozy atmosphere preserving the landmark's literary past.
“Good choice in Bradford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

You're in Bradford, you shouldn't be looking for anything gourmet, but Beefeater's will give you a good meal at a good price. The atmosphere is pleasant as it is in an old library and the service was friendly. We both enjoyed our meals and dessert. I would go back.

Visited October 2013

North Tonawanda, New York
“A Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

When we finally set up our tents at Alleghany State Park, we were too tired to cook so we took a little ride to Bradford, Pa. We didn't want fast food so googled and found The Beefeaters. It is a traditional restaurant situated in an Andrew Carnegie library building - a good way to use an historical building,I might add. The food was very good and plentiful. Our waitress was cheerful and helpful (I often travel with my mentally challenged son). The restrooms were clean. The only drawbacks for some might be the steep front stairs (I didn't notice whether or not there was an elevator) and the street parking. All-in-all dining here was an enjoyable experience.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“just wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I have been here a handful of times, we wish we lived closer to go all the time. The service is excellent, knowledgeable wait staff is attentive but not annoyingly so. The bar is a nice place to hang out and wait for your table, as the entryway at the front of the restaurant is very narrow and small. (try the pomegranate martini) On our last visit, the soup of the day was Chicken + Wild Rice. It was probably the best soup of the day I have ever had. The French Onion Soup is also amazing, and my husband orders it every time we go. You can tell the broth of both soups is homemade with tender loving care. For dinner, I had the Hot Roast Beef Sandwich (I know, weird choice for dinner, but it just sounded comforting and good at the time) The bread the sandwich is served on is homemade and it was perfect. Of course, topped with their famous sliced tender roast beef.. heaven. Just FYI, I inquired with our waitress, who informed me, much to my shock and disbelief, their mashed potatoes are *instant* - not real. (gasp) Since that was the case, I ordered fries with gravy instead. The hot German Potato Salad is very yummy/authentic if you're in the mood for something like that. My husband ordered the Gorgonzola Filet and he loved it, it was cooked perfectly medium and very tasty. I think the prices are reasonable for the quality of food. Highly, highly recommend Beefeater's.

• Visited September 2013
Mentor, OH 44060, USA
“Enjoyed ambience and food and service . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Loved the experience but we did have an elderly guest with us who had a lot of trouble climbing the steep stairs up into the restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Toronto
“Great...worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have eaten here twice. Both times, the food was excellent. Varied menu with all kinds of food options for different tastes. The beef options are obviously amazing as is the French onion soup. The decor is actually quite remarkable. Definitely has that turn-of-the-century feel to it and feels right at home and in old town like Bradford.

Visited August 2013