“Small, but interesting and FREE!”

Zippo / Case Museum
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Bradford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ONE MUSEUM... TWO AMERICAN ICONS... THE REST IS HISTORY. We invite you to visit the Zippo/Case Museum, where fans and collectors from across the globe gather to experience the rich history of these two American icons: the Zippo lighter and the Case knife. Explore the 15,000 square foot attraction that includes the world famous Zippo Repair Clinic and Zippo/Case Flagship Store. Enjoy a self-guided tour to learn the rich history of two American icons. OPEN EVERY DAY. FREE ADMISSION.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

When in Bradford, you should visit! Great History and you can tour it in 45 minutes! People are very nice and you can buy a Zippo lighter!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I visited whilst in PA visiting friends, i had nothing to do one day so I made the trip up to Bradford. It's pretty easy to find, just off the freeway. The museum itself is fairly small, however if you are interested in the product, I'm sure you'll find it interesting enough to justify a visit.
Personally I'm not all that excited by cigarette lighters and hunting knives, so it held the bare minimum of my interest whilst visiting.
The gift shop sells their products at a reasonable price.
Don't go too far out of your way for this one, but if you are in the neighborhood, it's worth stopping.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was the goal of my cross state trip while vacationing for just a few days; I was not disappointed. I've been a zippo fan for a few years, so visiting the home of Zippo lighters was a treat. Upon entering the building, you step directly into the store/gift shop. The museum for Zippo and Case knives sits behind the gift shop. We probably spent about an hour or so browsing through all of the displays. My favorite part of the museum was the large American flag made solely of different Zippo lighters; I've attached a picture of it in my review. In the very back of the building, and basically near the end of the self-guided tour, is the work shop where Zippo repair technicians work Monday through Friday (I believe) repairing broken lighters sent in. I brought along a broken Zippo that used to be my dad's, and left it at the gift shop to be repaired. We visited the museum on a Sunday, and I received my repaired Zippo the following Friday (5 days). Their core value that it works or they fix it free is true; I paid nothing for the repair of my lighter, not even the shipping back to me. I took plenty of pictures, but since all of the displays are mostly behind glass, it can be hard to get quality pictures. If you're in this part of the state, it definitely is worth stopping by and learning the history of the company and it's products. If you are a true Zippo enthusiast, then you absolutely can't pass up this museum. I'd recommend this museum to anyone! It's nice to have an American icon in our state of Pennsylvania, and they truly are an American success story as well. Continued success Zippo!

1  Thank bower007
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place was a nice surprise. I didn't know it was here until after I'd booked my hotel. It's within a mile or two from most hotels & easy to get here. The museum is free but still has a lot of interesting things to see. Their store sells all the current Zippo lighters, accessories & replacement parts, and the current Case knives, along with clothing & other branded merchandise. It's a nice place to stop by & doesn't take too long.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

A must for Zippo fans. Combination Zippo museum and huge store. Museum covers history, manufacturing processes, appearances in movies and popular culture. Love the "Zippo Lighter" light posts in the parking lot.