“Clean and comfortable”

Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My sister and I with my grandson stayed in Bradford for just one night. My son enjoyed the pool while I relaxed. We walked to a wonderful restaurant for dinner ( the Beefeater). The room was clean & comfortable, there was a problem with the shower/drain mechanism but not enough to cause distress.

The breakfast was great! Well attended with servers filling & refilling as we hungry travelers enjoyed the fresh prepared eggs, sausage and pancakes. there were hard boiled eggs, danish, muffins with a selections of cereals. If you like your coffee strong - the coffee here was on the weak side - buy - hey - it's free!

The staff were friendly and helpful. We even enjoyed a free drink at their lounge. I would absolutely recommend Best Western in Bradford.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We welcome your comments in order to help us provide a great guest experience.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here for first time after dropping our daughter at college. Since area is not well populated w/larger towns, motels/hotels are not at a premium. Since she will be in this area for four years and each time we visit, we will need a place to stay, we decided to try BW in Bradford. Huge mistake if you expect to be treated with any respect. First offense, motorcycles were parked all under canopy that you had to weave around to get into door (with luggage). Upon arrival, the clerk did not even great us, just looked at us until we spoke. Our reservation could not be found because of my error and when she booked our room tried to overcharge us by $15. Never received a thank you and due to issue with our credit card (even though wanted to pay cash @ arrival), we were "locked" our of our room when we returned. There are signs up all over that stated $100 deposit is required....definetly not the feel of a name brand establishment which was there supposed reason for demanding a credit card. I honestly was afraid to give them my information. Our room was typical and bed was not so bad. The part I really disliked about the room was that it had a door that entered from the hallway and and also one to the outside. I could see if it was to the pool area, but it was to the street. Everytime someone locked their car with their remote, I woke up. Breakfast was very minimal. One coffee pot that had to be continuously refilled, BURNT (nearly black) bacon and hardly any variety of food. We checked out finally ....had to wait at least five minutes at the desk for clerk to come out and was shocked at way she was dressed. The blouse she wore was NOT appropriate for working in any place except on of ill repute. Again, we were not greeted and had to ask for a receipt? We did not receive a thank you, have a nice day or anything. I responded to an email survey I received to which they responded "sorry, maybe next time your stay will be better" to which I replied that their response was an insult and why would I try to complain to someone who did not even acknowledge our presence? This is the answerI received from a representative of the location: While we wish you would have brought these issues to our attention during your stay so that we could have addressed them at that time, we are willing to offer 1000 Best Western Rewards Points as a customer appreciation gesture.
Not sure they can spare those 1000 points since most of their rooms require 24000! Will hopefully never have to stay here again, shame on them, they missed out on a profitible four years of our family and extensive relatives visiting my daughter frequently. We will be using Holiday Inn Express, brand new and nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room NOT facing the street and if you wish to feel a bit safe, one w/o a door to outsid...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AUNTGEELLL

I'm sorry we weren't able to meet your expectations and hope that you will give us a chance again in the future. While I do not want to go into specifics as this is not the forum for that, rest assured, Best Western Corporate and the property itself has taken action concerning each of your concerns.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had to stay here while getting my daughter settled at university of Bradford great place to stay for safety service and cleanliness ..the bed was very comfy loved that ...the lounge is also very nice little place in the hotel to grab a quick meal try the chicken fingers.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank for your review of our property. We are happy that you have found our accommodations to be high in quality. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times every summer for a bout 5 years. When we stayed on June 22-23rd everything was ok. We recieved the room we wanted and the desk clerk was very nice. However, when we stayed again on 8/4-5 everything was a different story. First many motorcycles we parked under the carport leaving us to walk/run into the Inn through the rain. The motorcyclist continued to occupy the carport all night, sitting out there with thier coolers of beer. While I waited to check-in the desk clerk told 3 people ahead of me about smoking fines in non-smoking rooms. She also couldn't answer questions about the rewards program and told people they had to sign up on-line because she didn't know how to do it. I had requested a non-smoking room but was put in a smoking room where the odor was so bad I was afraid it would trigger my asthma and allergies. When I called the front desk, she told me they were full and couldn't change rooms. We went to Walmart and purchased air neutralizer to spray the room and opened both doors between the hall and the pool to air it out. I felt alright the next morning until check-out. I paid $94.83 total with taxes in June but they handed me a bill for $112.76! When I asked why the increase the gentlemen told me it was impossible that I paid less in June and demanded to see my reciept which I told him was in the car. I was going to go out in the rain and get it but my husband didn't want to make a scene so we paid the bill. The gentlemen was very rude to us as was the desk clerk regarding changing rooms and the bill. I told them we would not be returning here ever again. We'll find somehere else to say when we want to go to Beefeater's for a nice dinner! I am very upset there were no apologies for our inconvenience and that we were treated so rudely!

Room Tip: Don't stay near the pool. We were in room 140 and the hallway stunk of old smoke as well as the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura O

Thank for providing a review on our property. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet your expectations. Concerning the smoking room, the original reservation must have been booked for a smoking room and we do our best to accommodate requests but it is not always possible to do so. Concerning the rate you paid back in June as opposed to the recent rate, rates are subject to change and the current room rate would have been quoted at the time you made the reservation or posted if you made it on line. I'm sorry if there was confusion concerning this. I hope you decide to give us another chance to earn your trust and business.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had stayed at this Inn several years ago and we were not happy apbut having to book here again,but, everything else was booked.Check in was seemless and the clerk was quick, nice, and personable.

We parked and went into one of the rear entrances off of the parking lot. We were greeted by poorly lighted and somewhat dirty floors and I could sense my wife tensing for another bad experience. The smell of cigarette smoke was almost overwhelming in the ground floor hallway.

When we got to our room on the second floor, there was a slight smell of smoke in our non-smoking room, so we called the front desk right away and notified them so that we would not be penalized $400.00 for having smoked in a non-smoking room. Again the front desk was cordial and helpful and offered us another room, but we did not feel tht was necessary.

We were pleased with our room. It was clean and fairly well appointed for the area. The bedding and mattress proved to be comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Internet worked well and the motel was quiet. A/C worked as it should.

Overall this was a much better experience and it is obvious that a fair amount of time and money have been spent improving this motel. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gramps-nanna
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a quality product to all of our guests. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a 2 room whirlpool suite. I expected a door between the two rooms, But it was more like a room with half a wall all open. The hotel was very clean. I never saw a bug. The pool was wonderful. This is the first time I was ever in an outside heated pool that wasn't freezing. The breakfast was okay. I'm sure it's hard to keep food hot for so many people, so most food was warm to cool. The sausage and bacon needs cooked more. The employees were all very nice. The lady in the lounge on July 15th was very nice and upbeat. Hotels.com made a mistake on the pricing for the room but Best Western did honor the price. I have stayed in whirlpool rooms before and always got sick before leaving then it turned into pneumonia. Witch means there was prob. mold in the room. This room was so clean. I never had any breathing prob. here. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you book on line, bring your proof of final charge with you. It is pet friendly so watch where yo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your comments. By telling us about your stay, we can continue to improve the hotel and better the guest experience. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I last stayed at the Best Western Inn several years ago while visiting family and had recalled that it was dingy and mediocre. I ws pleasantly suprised that it had changed much for the better. The rooms have been upgraded and the furniture appears new. The bed was very comfortable and everything appeared to have been greatly improved. Its location allows one to see the downtown commercial area (Much deteriorated in the past twenty years), but a symbol of what has happened to small town rural America. One will not go wrong by staying at this Inn. Oh yes, you are offered a free drink at the bar on checking in and the complementary breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank halg16

Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. As exhibited by your own personal experience. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradford Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Wingate by Wyndham Ellicottville
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Best Western Plus University Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Olean

Been to Best Western Plus Bradford Inn? Share your experiences!