“very dissappointed”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bradford
West Seneca, New York
“very dissappointed”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times every summer for a bout 5 years. When we stayed on June 22-23rd everything was ok. We recieved the room we wanted and the desk clerk was very nice. However, when we stayed again on 8/4-5 everything was a different story. First many motorcycles we parked under the carport leaving us to walk/run into the Inn through the rain. The motorcyclist continued to occupy the carport all night, sitting out there with thier coolers of beer. While I waited to check-in the desk clerk told 3 people ahead of me about smoking fines in non-smoking rooms. She also couldn't answer questions about the rewards program and told people they had to sign up on-line because she didn't know how to do it. I had requested a non-smoking room but was put in a smoking room where the odor was so bad I was afraid it would trigger my asthma and allergies. When I called the front desk, she told me they were full and couldn't change rooms. We went to Walmart and purchased air neutralizer to spray the room and opened both doors between the hall and the pool to air it out. I felt alright the next morning until check-out. I paid $94.83 total with taxes in June but they handed me a bill for $112.76! When I asked why the increase the gentlemen told me it was impossible that I paid less in June and demanded to see my reciept which I told him was in the car. I was going to go out in the rain and get it but my husband didn't want to make a scene so we paid the bill. The gentlemen was very rude to us as was the desk clerk regarding changing rooms and the bill. I told them we would not be returning here ever again. We'll find somehere else to say when we want to go to Beefeater's for a nice dinner! I am very upset there were no apologies for our inconvenience and that we were treated so rudely!

Room Tip: Don't stay near the pool. We were in room 140 and the hallway stunk of old smoke as well as the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laura O
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank for providing a review on our property. I'm sorry we weren't able to meet your expectations. Concerning the smoking room, the original reservation must have been booked for a smoking room and we do our best to accommodate requests but it is not always possible to do so. Concerning the rate you paid back in June as opposed to the recent rate, rates are subject to change and the current room rate would have been quoted at the time you made the reservation or posted if you made it on line. I'm sorry if there was confusion concerning this. I hope you decide to give us another chance to earn your trust and business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had stayed at this Inn several years ago and we were not happy apbut having to book here again,but, everything else was booked.Check in was seemless and the clerk was quick, nice, and personable.

We parked and went into one of the rear entrances off of the parking lot. We were greeted by poorly lighted and somewhat dirty floors and I could sense my wife tensing for another bad experience. The smell of cigarette smoke was almost overwhelming in the ground floor hallway.

When we got to our room on the second floor, there was a slight smell of smoke in our non-smoking room, so we called the front desk right away and notified them so that we would not be penalized $400.00 for having smoked in a non-smoking room. Again the front desk was cordial and helpful and offered us another room, but we did not feel tht was necessary.

We were pleased with our room. It was clean and fairly well appointed for the area. The bedding and mattress proved to be comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Internet worked well and the motel was quiet. A/C worked as it should.

Overall this was a much better experience and it is obvious that a fair amount of time and money have been spent improving this motel. We would not hesitate to stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gramps-nanna
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a quality product to all of our guests. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

deborah
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We had a 2 room whirlpool suite. I expected a door between the two rooms, But it was more like a room with half a wall all open. The hotel was very clean. I never saw a bug. The pool was wonderful. This is the first time I was ever in an outside heated pool that wasn't freezing. The breakfast was okay. I'm sure it's hard to keep food hot for so many people, so most food was warm to cool. The sausage and bacon needs cooked more. The employees were all very nice. The lady in the lounge on July 15th was very nice and upbeat. Hotels.com made a mistake on the pricing for the room but Best Western did honor the price. I have stayed in whirlpool rooms before and always got sick before leaving then it turned into pneumonia. Witch means there was prob. mold in the room. This room was so clean. I never had any breathing prob. here. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you book on line, bring your proof of final charge with you. It is pet friendly so watch where yo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your comments. By telling us about your stay, we can continue to improve the hotel and better the guest experience. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Have a great day!

Newtown Square, PA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I last stayed at the Best Western Inn several years ago while visiting family and had recalled that it was dingy and mediocre. I ws pleasantly suprised that it had changed much for the better. The rooms have been upgraded and the furniture appears new. The bed was very comfortable and everything appeared to have been greatly improved. Its location allows one to see the downtown commercial area (Much deteriorated in the past twenty years), but a symbol of what has happened to small town rural America. One will not go wrong by staying at this Inn. Oh yes, you are offered a free drink at the bar on checking in and the complementary breakfast is a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank halg16
Thank you for completing the review regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. As exhibited by your own personal experience. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Malta, New York
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Upon seeing the dated outside, I was worried what the rooms would be like. However they are recently updated with granite countertops in the bathrooms and newer furniture and flat screen TVs. They skimped on replacing the mattresses, I assume, because what I slept on felt like an old crappy mattress. It was terribly uncomfortable. It wasn't a firm bed, it was just a super cheap and worn out one. They offer a great breakfast every morning for guests, the best spread I've ever seen at a hotel for complimentary breakfast. They had muffins, scrambled eggs, and either french toast or pancakes (I'm not sure because I never went for those), cereals, and juices and coffee. They also had apples and bananas and yogurt. So many choices. I believe it is served from around 6-9AM.

The only complaint other than the bed that I really have was that at 3AM on my last night I was woken out of my sleep by extremely loud people below my room and outside around the pool. I can deal with people yelling, but at 3AM on a Thursday night? Not acceptable. It was so bad I even called the front desk about it, and I never bother calling to complain about noise at hotels. The man who answered said he'd "try to get them to quiet down." Thats not what I wanted to hear, but in about 15 minutes I didn't hear them any more (that also could've been a result of me turning on the fan so that I could drown out their noise).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for completing the review regarding your stay with us. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Rest assured, we are in the process of compiling a list of the mattresses that need to be replaced and will be ordering new ones in the near future. Our efforts to improve the property are an ongoing process. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Hotels are limited in this area. Best Western is OK for a one night stay. Convenient location. Not new or exceptionally clean but it's OK. Hotel offers a free drink coupon for the on site lounge. Outdoor pool. Restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelAmerica247
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is with your feedback that we are able to provide a quality guest experience. We appreciate any and all comments on a guest's stay with us. Have a great day!
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Excellent hotel, breakfast and room! The hotel could use a designated dog area for pet owners.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BWPLUSBradford, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Bradford Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. While we have a large grassy area behind the hotel that is designated for pet walking, it may need additional signage. We will look into your concern and address it. Thank you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino
Best Western Plus University Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Holiday Inn Express Olean

Been to Best Western Plus Bradford Inn? Share your experiences!