“Food is pretty good, but the overall experience is a little lacking.”

Greshville Inn Incorporated
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Boyertown
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food is pretty good, but the overall experience is a little lacking.”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We initially tried this restaurant because we were given a gift certificate for Christmas. Out first visit was nice. My husband really enjoyed his sandwich and dessert. I thought my steak was ok. It wasn't seasoned as well as it could have been though. My baked potato was not warm enough to melt the butter, and my green beans were undercooked. ( They were hard to eat.). Our second visit, we had to wait an hour before the waitress took our drink orders and gave us menus. She did explain that they were understaffed that night. We were given free dessert to make up for the inconvenience. Our third, and most likely final visit, the food was the best yet, but despite the few people dining, our service could have been much better. When we received our credit card statement, we saw we were billed twice for the meal. I contacted them and was surprised at the way the situation was handled. The gentleman I spoke with said he looked through his records and there was only one payment received. He advised me to file a dispute with the credit card company, and just dismissed me. Whatever happened to treating customers as if they are important?

** I give the food "4" because my husband really likes the crab cake burger. However, I am from MD, and I don't find it particularly good. Marylanders tend to be pick about their crabs though.

1 Thank DiscerningDiners2013

Reading, PA
“Can't beat for a Thanksgiving dinner”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We visit this restaurant every year on Thanksgiving-it's a tradition.

This year there were 9 of us. Thanksgiving dinner was served family-style-meaning they bring out big portions and pass it around.

Excellent food-turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potato, cranberry sauce, corn, green beans, salad and a slice of pie for dessert.

We were even allowed to take home any left-overs on the table.

For an adult it was $17.99 and I believe $7.99 for the kids 12 and under. Drinks are also paid for seperate and not included in price.

Waiter was on the ball and checked back with us frequently.

We were seated upstairs, so please be sure to tell them if anyone in your party is unable to do stairs and they will seat you downstairs.

A very kind Manager visited our table and gave our family a lottery ticket and was checking on our dinner.

We will definitely be back next year.

• Visited November 2012
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Need a new smoker's area”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Our food and service were very good - we both had sandwiches which are reasonably priced and very big. The dinners are more expensive.
My only complaint (& this has happened the last 2 times we've been here) is that the smokers stand right in front of the entrance to restaurant. Tonight, 3 men were blocking the doors while smoking & barely moved to let us through. They should move the smoking area away from the entrance.

• Visited February 2012
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
“Used to be good”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Food used be better, but they "updated" their menu and raised prices. I think the taste has gone down, don't like the new selections and they are way overpriced for what they are.

1 Thank JulianneN
Barto, PA
“Good Portions and decent food”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We visted the Greshville because we had a restaurant.com certificate it was a rainy tuesday evening the week after Christmas. The waitress took a little long to come to out table, but did very politely explain that there were only two waitresses on for the entire restaurant and bar that evening because thye are never sure the week after Christmas how busy the will be. That being said the rest of the service was absolutely fine. The food was of good quality. The portions are a good size, the steak roll that my friend had was very good, she said. I ordered the chicken cordon bleu and it had good flavor. My daughter had the penne vodka, she said it was not like the typical penne vodka that she usually orders when out, but it was good. Overall I would not hesitate to patronize this restaurant again. Decent hometown food.

• Visited December 2011