“A good place to satisfy your appetite at a reasonable cost”

Bowers Hotel Incorporated
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Bowers
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Suburban Philadelphia
“A good place to satisfy your appetite at a reasonable cost”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We went here on a busy Friday night when the place was packed. We had had a substantial lunch, so we didn't want anything too heavy for dinner. My wife had a Caesar salad and pan-fried scallops; I had a Caesar salad and shrimp scampi. We agreed that both entrees were very good, and the Caesar salad was, well, a Caesar salad. Actually, the highlight of the meal was the wonderful homemade bread pudding, which our server Bonnie admitted to making. She claimed it was her first try at it; my comment was "Don't change a thing." A house Blues band started to play at 8 pm, and the noise quickly escalated. The prices here are quite reasonable, and the food is good, so what's not to like? Service was a bit slow, but one of the servers volunteered that they were short-handed that night. All in all, a place we would return to if we lived in this area.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank CodgersontheMove

Kutztown, Pennsylvania
“We were hoping for the old experiences”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We recently visited the Bowers Hotel, to say we were disappointed is an understatement. The food was not cooked to our expectations, burger was overdone, fries were over fried; onions were undercooked, etc.
FWIW; if you can't make a decent burger and fries; what expectations should one have for something else on the menu.
In addition, I can never understand why a server asks if your meal is ok, 30 seconds after it is delivered and never returns to the table except to clear the empty dishes.
Maybe we expected the same quality of food and service from the previous times we visited under different ownership.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Merrymonk
Reading, Pennsylvania
“SO GLAD THIS PLACE REOPENED”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I've been to Bowers a few times since it reopened and I have been happy everytime. The chicken parmesan is the best the pancetta is a great touch, I've also had a few different types of panini's and such always delicious. Desert's have always been tasty and they have a great beer selection. Tom the bartender is also very entertaining and provides excellent service. I only wish the bar counter was a bit higher or the bar stools a bit shorter....it's kinda awkward when you want to eat at the bar and the stools are so high vs the lower bar height but there are tables in the bar area you can eat at. I also like how they have different themed food nights. Kudos to the owners they're doing a great job.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank victoria s
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great, Cozy, Historic Inn With Fantastic Food, Service and Atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you are out and about near Bowers and eat anywhere besides the Bowers Hotel, you are wasting your time. Since the new owners bought it, this is now, once again, our favorite place to go. We've eaten here several times in the past few months, most recently, yesterday. They have a nice menu of entrees and lighter fare, and we have never been disappointed with a meal. Service is fast and friendly - even when it's very crowded. The atmosphere is lovely - a quiet, country inn tucked away in a sweet little village. The building inside and out is just gorgeous. Love to see another historic country inn preserved and doing well! Lots of parking, too.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Thomas P
Allentown, PA
“Wondertul Food in the Country”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I took my parents there for lunch today and my mother had gotten a recommendation for the wings from a friend. We ordered the garlic/parmasian and they were wonderful. We all ordered the roast beef sandwich on ciabatta bread and of course horseradish on the side. The french fries were light and not a bit greasy. My parents and I enjoyed every bite and will be back another time, maybe for dinner. Good selection of beers on draft and bottles and wines from two local wineries.

• Visited July 2011