“Their food is incredible.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cajun Kate's Booth's Corner
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Boothwyn
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: Counter service, six stools for eat-in, takeout always available. Open Friday 9 AM - 9 PM & Saturday 9 AM - 8 PM. Inside Booth's Corner Farmers Market.
“Their food is incredible.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I can't describe how great Cajun Kates is in words.. Try it for your self and you will not regret it! I wish they would open their own place so I could go and sit down.. They are only open two days a week .. :'(. Suggestion: jambalaya (of course) and my fav the Mac n cheese ;)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DanaMae91

Wilmington, De
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I don't know how this tiny booth at the farmers market does it but it puts out some great Cajun food. I'm also addicted to the Jambalaya and stop by every Friday for my fix.

The Gumbo is great also.

2 Thank Db1105
Delaware
“I have a confession - I'm a Cajun Kate's addict!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food is fabulous!!! The owner and staff are super friendly, hardworking and so darn appreciative of their customers.

I do have a confession - this stuff is like an addiction for me. Whenever we are in town on the weekends, I MUST have "jam & gum" (jambalaya and gumbo) from Cajun Kate's. We have recently also had po' boys and have also discovered the delicious-ness of gator sausage!!!

Don (the owner and head chef, I think) is the nicest guy and he obviously creates a working atmosphere for his staff that has them providing quick, friendly service.

We are regulars here and are only sad that it's open only on Fridays and Saturdays. I wish they had another location. I'd eat jam and/or gum several times a week! It is also sad that their location is so small (in a farmers' market with a counter with 4 or 5 stools). I think they could really succeed as a full-time restaurant. I know I look forward to their weekly emails advising of their specials and I immediately make a mental note of when I am going to swing by for some take-out.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank keenercam
Wilmington, Delaware
“Authentic Cajun Cuisine just like you're in New Orleans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Cajun Kate's is so darn authentic that it even beats the best of New Orleans! The smallest little restaurant tucked in the Boothwyn Farmers Market is worth a long drive. There are only 5 stools here but trust me....sit down because the staff will give you all kinds of interesting information, including the history of the Muffuletta Sandwich on my recent visit (the French Quarter version vs. the N.O. version).

The Jambalaya is amazing! Alligator Sausage on a spit with Creole Mustard is incredible. The soups are rich and full of fresh ingredients. Although simple, the Cajun Catfish Fingers with a Creole Tartar (a cross between horseradish mouse and tartar) sauce is off-the-charts! Most items are available in bulk to cart away, like many do. Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!

• Visited April 2012