“Well Worth a Visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boiling Springs Tavern

Boiling Springs Tavern
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Well Worth a Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

4 of us popped into the tavern for a drink. The bar is very old English with heavy dark wood. We decided to stay for an early dinner before heading home. We were so glad we did. We ate in the bar as it was so cozy. Although the tables are small and set against walls for couples, the staff moved around a table and set it up for four. It was nice of them as they didn't have to do it. The food was excellent. I had french onion soup and two of us had the pasta carbonara and two had the two scallop dishes. Everything was great. The plating was nice, and the food was cooked perfectly. There is no doubt that we will be back again next time we are in the Boiling Springs area.

• Visited June 2014

Ocean City, Maryland
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place has been around since 1832, so one would figure they are doing something right. And they truly are! The seafood bisque was out of this world. Be sure to take up the server's suggestion of fresh cracked pepper and a dash of Sherry. The French onion soup was also excellent. For something different, I tried the smoked trout sandwich. The trout was delicious--and was served on rye bread with lettuce and tomato. I would certainly get that again, but want to try so many other things on the menu that it may be a while! The coconut shrimp were good, but in my mind were the weakest offering I sampled. I ate on the tavern side because the dining room was closed, but really enjoyed the atmosphere. Its a charming place in a charming little town. I certainly look forward to going back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Very impressed with our first trip here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

On the recommendation of a friend, we took 6 of us to dinner here last Friday night (6/6/14). We were greeted by the manager, seated at our leisure and served by 2 of the best servers I have had at any restaurant! The food was extraordinary! After reading a few reviews that mentioned their ability to properly cook liver and onions, 2 of us had to try it and it was outstanding! The restaurant is very nicely decorated, very comfortable and I would highly recommend this bar & restaurant to anyone! I would recommend calling for reservations, I called on Tuesday afternoon for Friday and they only had 2 openings for 6 people left at that time.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank tneynop
Huntingdon, PA
“Top-notch lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

We'd had prior very positive experiences at Boiling Springs Tavern, so after a morning of fishing and walking around the lake, we went for a late lunch at the Tavern to celebrate my husband's 65th birthday. Great staff, especially accommodating were the owner and bartender, since we chose to eat at a table in the opulent bar. Even though we ate in the bar, the meal was elegantly served with linen napkins/good silverware. The tavern had a great selection of microbrews. The food was as good as we remembered - seafood bisque and French onion soup were superb and our sandwiches were excellent as well. A great restaurant in a charming little town.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Huntingdon_PANan
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice evening, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We started with one of our favorite appetizers - smoked salmon and trout. Husband had the onion soup followed by the Cowboy Pork Chop- which is huge, and he said it was very good. Mom had the Grilled Salmon from the specials book. It looked great and she enjoyed it. I had the Scallops Mediterranean, which was acceptable, but the plate was too white with white scallops , white rice, white cheese and white cauliflower. There were some tomatoes, but I felt as though I was eating from the white food group.

Overall, it was a nice dinner with very good service.