“I will return. Often”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Michael served in the bar. I was alone thankfully because you seriously need reservations. Amazing food. Had salmon Rockefeller and a glass if fume blanc. Oh yes. I will be back.

There are newer reviews for Boiling Springs Tavern

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I continue to be amazed and the variety and quality of eating establishments in rural central Pennsylvania. The the Boiling Springs Tavern in the town by the same name is one of them. Housed in a 17th century building and nestled along a scenic river, the restaurant has an inviting exterior that is matched only by the quality of the food. Our dining party had scallops, walleye, grouper, crab cakes and beef short ribs. All were superb. The service was very good, even though every table had customers. We looked in on the cosy bar but didn't tarry because it was packed with people on this Friday night. As a bonus, there is a wonderful veterans memorial right across the street that is worth a stop. One deserving soldier honored at the memorial is Medal of Honor winner Sergeant Randy Schuhart, the special forces sniper hero of the Somalia conflict.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a very pleasant place with a wonderful atmosphere. It is well known for fine dining and great food. They have a variety of different meal to select from. I suggest the pork loin and the veal. The sea food is also great.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

On Friday, May 17, 2013, four friends and I had dinner at Boiling Springs Tavern. I had: a good roll; ok house salad with honey french dressing; 2 good meatballs; and spaghetti with traditional red sauce ($14.84). I didn't like the chunky vegetables in the red sauce. Upon leaving, we talked with friends at a table in the bar, who had ordered off the "bar menu". The "bar menu" had numerous items that appealed to me. I learned that while sitting in the bar area, you can order from the "bar menu" or the dinner menu.

1  Thank Mimi59
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We always visit the Tavern when we travel to Carlisle to visit family, and we were not disappointed. The small town is charming and the historic tavern boasts some of the finest food we've had anywhere. I love the rib chop, but it's so hard to choose because everything is cooked to perfection and delicious. Service is really good and everyone is friendly.

1  Thank GreenGardenGal