“Poor food quality, crowed seating in theater”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Allenberry Playhouse
Chambersburg, PA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Poor food quality, crowed seating in theater”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Overall I guess for a playhouse Allenberry is OK, however after three times going I find the food in there restaurant medium to poor, the seating in the theater too tight and overall a below standard feeling.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank olie20

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Always good productions!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I realized yesterday that for some one who doesn't think of themselves as a theater-goer, I have visited five small live theaters in the last three years.
Allenberry continues to be my favorite. The quality of performance is excellent, the seats always let me see the stage and the sound is clear.
We went to see Smokey Joe's Cafe and I so enjoyed the singers' voices. It was one song after another, with no plot, and few songs that I knew. That normally means I won't like it much, as I like the drama parts of musicals. But there was plenty of performance and humor in how the songs were performed.
The tempo was so upbeat and the dancing so full of energy, that I felt tired just watching. Thanks to everyone for a great show!

Visited October 2012