“Racist.”

Kelly's Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Kelly's Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Boalsburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Horrible staff at the bar today at 915pm. This blonde person (chromosomal compliment XX) was rude to the core. This person interrupted conversation with the customer numerous times, not even asking to be excused, this persons abilities to make decent cocktails are even dismal. The cooks are acceptable though. Asian people please beware, this place is racist.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were dropping my daughter off at Penn State and expecting the worst in State College, I asked someone about where to go, they recommended Kelly's. I am glad they did!

About 10 minutes outside State College, it was easy to find. The big cow on the roof made it easy! Plenty of parking and easy access are always big pluses, The restaurant seemed to have three distinct areas for dining ... main seating area, bar area, and outside seating. We chose outside due to the great weather. Nice area.

The service was good, but not great. They always checked on us, but a little more often would have made the whole drink situation a little better. They brought our first order out quickly and then ... well ... I think sort of forgot about us. Don't get me wrong, they came back, just not as often as I was expected. But still good service overall.

On to the food! Man, we really enjoyed our meals. My favorite was the chopped salad. Very tasty and had everything that was listed in the menu. The basil added a very savory touch and the dressing was just right. And there was not too much of it, either. A great choice!

The fish tacos were very good as well. The fish (nice big pieces of mahi) was cooked perfectly and was complemented by the additional fillings in the tacos. Accompanied by chips, was a very good choice.

The Kobe Burger was good as well. Cooked as she wanted it and with the right amount of fixings! If you can get the baked beans! They tasted great. Some great barbecue flavoring that didn't overwhelm the beans was a perfect touch. The beans were a variety of different ones, and the bacon (oh, yeah!) just made them all the better. Our server said they made them there and it shows.

Overall, a place I enjoyed and I look forward to my next visit to State College so I can go back!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We sat at a nice booth in the main dining area, not the bar lounge. Our waitress brought our drinks promptly and answered our menu questions. The iceberg salad wedge was awesome and the chowder was great, (could have been a tad warmer).

Main courses were well presented and tasty although one top Sirloin was tough and went back; the filet medallions to replace were very nice.

We hardly noticed a party of about twenty in a separate room near us. Service was also friendly and attentive. We would return when in the area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

we had a reservation for six on a saturday night to celebrate a friend's birthday. it was amazing. the food was hot, neat and delicious. i can not say enough good things about the quality of the food.
we ordered the crab dip, baked brie, beef skewers and calamari. entrees included the porterhouse, filet mignon, a burger and seafood. everything was fresh and yummy.
the only criticism was with the staff. the hostess seemed unaware of our reservation and not eager to seat us (then put us next to the restroom, even though we had called days prior). the food runner and waiter at our table were great, but there were a lot of employees walking around looking terrible- cut offs, hot pants- GET A RESPECTABLE UNIFORM. other than that, no complaints!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went to Kelly's for a meal with a friend of mine and some of his co-workers recently while visiting State College. To say i'm surprised at some of the negative reviews for this restaurant would definitely be an understatement! I had a really good experience at Kelly's. We waited a short time for our table, and once we were seated the service was quick and friendly, and they were able to separate our bill into an annoyingly large number of checks due to the meal being work related. I tried the seafood chowder for an appetizer and got the reuben for my main meal, both were delicious and very filling. They also had an excellent beer selection, including beers from the local Otto's Brewery in State College. Overall, while there were some more expensive menu items that I would only try for a special occasion, I thought Kelly's did a good job of mixing those in with more affordable menu items done well. I would definitely go back to Kelly's, and recommend it to anyone visiting the State College area.