“Perfection in Boalsburg”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very quaint rustic style restaurant. There is bar type seating and then a dining room for fine dining. The hostess was jovial and kind and the parking was plenty, we got a spot directly in front of the restaurant. The reisling as the drink was delicous. I had the duck which was as succulent and tasty as meal as I have ever had. She had the Seafood Crepe which was absolutely perfect, tasty full of food but not messy. The potato and spinach on the side were almost too good to believe. Fabulous restuarant, quiet, romantic. Very polite service from our waiter who had maybe the best voice I have ever heard. Just a perfect restaurant. Again they have a bar side and a bigger menu if thats what you want. Loved it.

There are newer reviews for Duffy's Tavern

Reviewed April 25, 2014

A destination restaurant...historic, quaint, romantic, lovely. This wonderful old historic building has the ambiance that you respect, but it has something else. It has wonderful food. Sadly, I was just here for a business lunch and I was not with my wife. I will be bringing her back here as this is a cozy, romantic place. I had the French Dip sandwich served with a side of potato salad = very, very good. My co-worker, a former Maryland resident who fancies himself as a bit of a seafood connoisseur, claimed that the Crab Bisque was “marvelous”. Entrées run from $20 to $34. There is a nice outdoor dining area. This would be a nice location for a special occasion.
They have a wonderful wine menu and interestingly, some very cheap beer specials, $1.50 for a Yuengling bottle, or $2 for 16 oz. cans of Bud and Bud Light. They have a very rustic, secluded British pub like bar area with TVs turned to games. So if you get stuck in traffic on US Route 322, or if the Nittany Lions game is sold out, just stop here and watch it, you will be much more comfortable.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We usually avoid places with "tavern" in the name, thinking that they will be loud and booze-oriented. But a friend who lives in State College recommended Duffy's, so we gave it a try. It was quiet and nobody was drunk or raucous, even on a Friday night. The food was uniformly excellent and surprisingly low in price. (Try the soups!) The building itself is worth a visit. We will go there again when visiting the area.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate lunch at this charming Tavern and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was delicious and service was great.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Great food, great service, reasonably priced! After exploring several local shops, we enjoyed a delicious lunch!