“Beautiful, historical restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love the atmosphere at Duffy's. We sat inside in a main dining room that was covered in wood. Just beautiful! My husband had the smoked salmon soup and loved it. He said it was very flavorful and he could easily taste the salmon. The only issue was that it was served lukewarm so he had to send it back to have it heated. His entrée was an excellent steak salad.

I had the taco salad and would not recommend it. There was not much flavor to the meat and there was only a homemade salsa served with it. I was offered a regular dressing of my choice but taco salad should come with taco sauce or salsa, not ranch, French, etc. dressing. I expected the normal deep fried taco shell, also, and instead got a shell that had started as a soft burrito shell and had been baked in the oven to take on a taco shell shape. While healthier for me, it was a disappointment when I was expecting a taco shell. I make the taco shell that was served at home so it wasn't anything special to me.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It's your usual standard pub food but I do love the choices for seating. We sat outside as it was summer and enjoyed the overall experience watching life go by in the town square including a whole bunch of chickens crossing the road! Definitely worth hanging out for some time especially if the weather is good.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Duffy's is always consistent .... We consistently go for good food- not expensive - we do stick to the bar side, unless celebrating ;-) bar menu is good & not expensive .... Regulars are nice, everyone's friendly! Good place to beat crowds downtown.... Our little Boalsburg secret!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

never was in the dining room. menu and food was top notch, a bit pricey, but well worth it. not something we would do all the time, but we really enjoyed splurging a bit.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I gave them a VG due to the convenience and historic pub-feel. Food is average for the cost, though half price burger night (Mondays) is a great deal. Not where to go for high-end dining, but way better than most in the State College area, for sure. If your looking for pub food you' ll be very happy - that's why we go here, and keep going back.