“Breakfast Served with a Lot of Attitude”
Review of Pump Station Cafe

Pump Station Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Boalsburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm disappointed to be writing this negative review because I had heard good things about this cafe.

I stopped in for breakfast on my way out of Penn State. I have been here twice before & the food was OK as a quick meal before a trip. However, this visit has ensured that I will never return.

The cafe was filled with patrons, as it was during my previous visits. As I waited in line to place my order, I could overhear the female cashier being very short with people while ordering their food & giving a lot of attitude. Another female employee making drinks & filling in at the cash register was the same exact way.

After ordering & paying, I was told the food (meat, egg, cheese on a bagel) would take about 30 minutes. It would have been nice to know this before ordering, as this stop was supposed to be a quick bite before a long trip. Well, I waited 30 minutes, then my order was given to another patron. 10 minutes later, I received my order - only bacon & cheese on a bagel without egg. The 2 women making the food was very nice about the quickly correcting the mistake (quite the opposite compared to the other 2 female employees). However, I was curious how they were able to add egg to the sandwich in under 1 minute after it took 40 minutes to create the original sandwich.

While eating, I could tell that almost all other patrons felt the same way I did as they sat & waited for their food. One patron even asked the employees for their names after they were very condescending to her while ordering.

Aside from the service, the food was a 2/5. I'd recommend Irving's in State College for a far superior alternative.

I hope that the owner/management of this cafe is aware of the employees' behavior & takes action to correct it.

5  Thank BuzzChillington317

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Best spiced chai latte Anywhere! Fresh baked goods & not boring, old things! It's fresh, small & locally owned-operated! Decor is great, as well; I remember when it really Was a pump station, complete with gas!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Everytime I travel to State College I look forward to stopping here and I do not drink coffee. Awesome staff, great idea and good food.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Was in town for our annual Penn State weekend. packing up on sunday friends of ours suggested this place. they said the breakfast sandwiches were great and a fun atmosphere. we left our place and started heading out of town. first of all location was great and easy to get in and out of and it has a drive thru. atmosphere is cute its an old gas station. very clean. we all ordererd breakfast sandwiches and coffee. the sandwiches were great! very fresh bagels and served to order. the coffee was good too. they have an outside but was a bit chilly when we were there. will be back just wish it was closer to my house I'd be there all the time

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Coffee shop in an old gas station. Cute decor. Good breakfast sandwiches. A nice alternative to waiting at the dinner for breakfast. Drive thru available