“Great Museum. Beautiful grounds to walk.”

Pennsylvania Military Museum
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Boalsburg
South Windsor
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Museum. Beautiful grounds to walk.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I want to first say that I love military history and my daughter does too. I had seen this museum online and thought it might be a nice place to stop by and see. We were very surprised by the quality of the museum. You have to take the time and walk the grounds outside. There are some very nice pieces of military equipment and monuments outside. The museum itself has some nice military artifacts. I don't think very young children would appreciate it. I doesn't take long to get through. We spent about an 1 1/2 hours to tour the whole museum inside and out. The grounds are kept up very well.

Visited April 2013

Spalding, United Kingdom
159 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Military Museum, State College, PA”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We took our gradndaughters here and were a bit dismayed at the entry fee. $5.50 for seniors (us) and $4 for our 4 & 6 year olds. They were quickly bored, as although there were some good exhibits they had been displayed in a fairly dull format. Not enough to justify the price. But outside - that is another story! The girls loved being able to examine and climb over the guns,tanks etc that were on display, and we found them interesting, too. Lovely walks around the park with various memorials. We were particularly interested in the wall plaques for the WW1 dead as it is a subject dear to us.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank lynnc185
Newark, Delaware
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Military Museum”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Worth a look if you are interested in military history. Too bad there aren't more artifacts. The ones on exhibit are well maintained, but it does not take long to see everything.

Visited August 2012
State College, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I learned a lot!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is surprisingly interesting, especially if, like me, you are interested in history but never studied a whole lot of military history. There is a lot more here, and it's a lot better presented, than what you expect of a small-town museum. I live nearby and enjoy taking out-of-town guests.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank MAFreeman225
Beaver Springs, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spend a couple of hours.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Lots of really good displays here from numerous wars. Nice gift shop too. See the actual guns from the Pennsylvania outside. Wonderful walking area.

Visited April 2012