“Great Food/Friendly Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blue Ridge Summit
The Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit
Reviewed December 2, 2009

I have dined several times at the Lodge. Having the privilege of dining at both locations. I find the view spectacular and it was only enhanced by the food and service.
The lobby welcomes you with high ceiling a beautiful fireplace and bar. They have 2 dining areas one is more casual, warm and inviting.What they call the Red Room is elegant and romantic with another fireplace that enhanced my dining experience.
My favorite meal is their NY Strip Steak and anything on the desert menu.
I noticed recently the new web site offers the menu and directions with lots of photos this is a plus.
The Lodge is off the beaten path and you may need a map. In the end it is worth the trip.
M. Middleton

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mmiddleton

Reviewed September 30, 2009

My husband and I were so excited when this restaurant opened. The first two times we ate dinner here (originally in a smaller, intimate room/building on the beautiful property) everything was wonderful. Since the management changed and the dining room moved to the main lodge, everything went downhill. Our first time in the new room was not very good. We tried once more. This time, the service was non existent. We received no menus, no waitress for over 10 minutes. It took 15 minutes more to get our drink order, and only after my husband went to the bar. Our waitress was rude, the food was terrible (chicken piccatta with no sauce and 8 whole cloves of RAW garlic) My brother in law ordered the duck and it came with some kind of sauce that looked and tasted like baby food. When we asked for the manager, she was incredibly rude and said we "didn't need to come back if we didn't like it," and that chicken piccatta is different at all restaurants. Too bad, as this was a wonderful place when it opened. The owner needs to open their eyes and restore what they had in the beginning. We are very nice, easy to get along with people, and were incredibly insulted by the staff at this restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank personalchefcindy
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This is a dining review only - we did not stay at the Lodge.

We had heard excellent things from friends about dining at The Lodge @ Blue Ridge Summit - then we read the 2 recent reviews which were downright horrid... hmm... should we still go? Why not - We only live a few miles away and we were giving them the benefit of the doubt.

ATMOSPHERE
Mountain Views inside and out, well, because you are on top of a mountain :-) It was a nice summer evening, so we asked to eat outside - great view of the mountains and nice breeze. You would want to dress biz/resort casual.

FOOD
Excellent ! There were 4 of us and well all got something different - a ribeye covered in some sort of spicy sundried tomato spread , petit tenderloin, apple rubbed spareribs and a peppered chicken dish - everything looked and tasted great. Definitely go for the "Add a crabcake" for $12 onto the entree - they were excellent! The desserts looked great - but were were too stuffed to try it!

SERVICE
We were promptly seated and the hostess brought us water right away. Our server Tammy was great. Prompt with orders, appetizers, and food. There were others (managers I assume) roaming with water later in the meal as well. In response to the negative reviews of extremely slow service, the only time we noticed slower service was towards the end of the meal. It seems Tammy was working a few tables inside and out, which covered quite a distance - while that may slowed her down a little around check time, we didnt really care as we were just hanging with our best friends for the whole evening.

PRICING
This is a date night/special dinner place and prices are reasonable for that level - entrees were $18-$28 range - most appetizers were $8-$10. Our total tab for four was $140 - That got us 1 appetizer ($12 crabcake appetizer) 4 entrees, 2 sodas and 3 of us got the $12 add a crab to the entree - so right there is $50 in crab alone.

BEFORE YOU GO
Go to Restaurant.com and get the $100 gift certificate. (Which gives you $50 credit when you spend $50) - Free crab!

OVERALL
Maybe The Lodge @ BRS was going thru transition earlier in this year and hit a rough patch - no evidence of anything of the such on our visit - we will be going back - this is a hidden gem in the mountains of the Pennsylvania.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank MKC2
Reviewed July 19, 2009

I didn't originally write a review becasue I thought it was just a one time bad night ( Valentines weekend) but from other reviews I see it is still going on 3 months later. We were seated w/ reservation at 6 pm. Never had ONE morsel of food on table until 7:45pm and we didn't order any alcohol either. The host who sat us ended up sharing waitressing our table w/ someone else who light have been our waitress. There was a special where you got a few free things for V day that we never even recieved but wasn't worth asking and waiting another hour for. I had recommended the place to the couple we went with and felt horrible for ruining their Valentine's celebration.
Did not stay in hotel so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAnedf
Reviewed June 19, 2009

I cannot comment on the accomodations as I have only eaten here. First several times were good but this last was awful. Service, drinks and food. I really do not think a chef or bartender were in house. The poor waitress was obviously never trained. Really nice setting, too bad it is subpar. This was a dinner for my mother's 85th birthday and I came in from NH and sister from Pgh. Disappointing!

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank ZipNH
Reviewed March 14, 2009

The Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit is tucked back in the mountains of southern Pennsylvania, within viewing distance of the underground Pentagon, and not to far from Camp David. NOTE: It can be tricky to find unless you have good directions, there are signs, but they are small, and this place is back a long private road about 1 mile. You will not see it from the road.

The atmosphere and experience at the Lodge are first class, but the dress is dressy/casual. Jeans are ok, but a nice pants and shirt are more the norm. The lodge's staff is very attentive and the cleanliness is top-notch. Management does a fine job. There is a really nice waiting area with a fireplace and huge couches. The view from the lodge is breathtaking.

About the food and menu - the food is 4-5 stars...BUT considering the prices are pretty low (about 10-20 per meal), the food is amazing. There is something for everyone, but I really like the seafood and salads. Also, the lodge has guest rooms if you decide to stay the night. Check out their website thelodgeatbrs for menu and directions.

MY ADVICE - YOU WILL NOT BE LET DOWN.

Been to The Lodge at Blue Ridge Summit? Share your experiences!