“A "Good Dinner Time" Read”
Review of The Phils Tavern

The Phils Tavern
Ranked #2 of 55 Restaurants in Blue Bell
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2014

When You are interested in a "Good Dinner Time" read and the "Spirits" move You...You must try the menu at The Phils Tavern in Blue Bell, PA. The menu is simply amazing. They have an unbelievable selection of sandwiches. A wide variety of appetizers and salads. Side dishes, vegetarian options and entrees galore and an added plus that the beers are many and very, very cold!! The prices are a tad bit high but the portions are well worth the added expense. Be prepared to take some of your order home for lunch or dinner the next day unless you are like me and can't stop...my pastrami sandwich was Awesome!! Some of the dining areas can be loud but you have to remember that you are in a "Tavern." The TVs are everywhere...the service Great...We love the variety!! (Just remember to bring your reading glasses...Ha Ha!!)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have been going to Phil's for over 20 years; however, due to a change in work location, I get over there "once in a while". In my most recent trip, my wife and I stopped by for a meal on a Sunday evening. I didn't need to look at the menu - I already knew what I wanted. My choice was a "Don's Special". This is a Philly steak sandwich on a fresh Italian roll, filled with provolone cheese, french fries, cole slaw and russian dressing. This is a tasty sandwich that will fill you up. My wife had a turkey reuben sandwich. It was also a very tasty sandwich that was very filling. The food portions for any menu selection is quite large. Phil's is also known for their garlic pickles - a pickle with a "kick". Since we were there on a Sunday we got free ice cream sundaes - a regular perk by dining on a Sunday. Even though I've been there many times, I've never critiqued it before. So here it is: Phil's is a tavern that has a bar and several eating sections. Overall, it is a clean environment, the staff is friendly, a good variety of choices on the menu, quality food, VERY generous portions, that are fairly priced. Would I recommend Phil's? You betcha! Can't wait until I go there again!

3  Thank Phillysub
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We go to Phils regularly and have been for years. No issues other than the prices are too high for what you get. The portion sides are generous, but some items (for example the French onion soup for $7) just isn't worth it in my opinion. Dessert prices are way overpriced.

As my title says, good food but overpriced.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great casual resturant! They have a very large menu so it may take a few minutes to decide what to order, but the staff is fine with that, you never feel rushed. The portions are LARGE and deliscious. One of my favorites is the cheese steak sandwich. They are also fine if you want to make some changes as everything is made on site.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This place has so many choices, you could eat here every day for a year and not have the same thing twice. I've only been twice, but was impressed both times. Portions are HUGE and prices are reasonable. You will have enough for a nice leftover meal after you finish dinner.

The baby back ribs were recommended by our very attentive waitress and they did not disappoint. Very good and tender. I only ate half, there was so much meat and I usually will polish off a whole rack. I remember having a buffalo cheese steak and a BBQ cheese steak in the past and both were awesome and huge.

Casual atmosphere, plenty of TVs if you want to watch sports, nice bar and always seems to be crowded.