“No too awful”
Review of Blue Bell Inn

Blue Bell Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bell Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Blue Bell
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Penilyn Blue Bell Pike
Description: In April 2013, after changing ownership, Blue Bell Inn closed its doors and underwent extensive renovation and redesign for over a year. In an effort to preserve historical significance, various aspects of the Inn were kept intact and enhanced through thoughtful restoration. An exposed rock wall from the original 18th century edifice was refurbished and is a focal point in the main dining room. Antique glass and old-fashioned bottles reclaimed during construction were repurposed into striking pieces of art throughout the restaurant. A more spacious floor plan was developed and quintessential indoor-outdoor spaces now encourage seasonal dining. New materials such as Italian porcelain tile, black marble and solid white oak were introduced to create a unique rustic-meets-modern ambiance. Today, Blue Bell Inn serves as a stunning architectural melange spanning three centuries.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found the food to be just OK. The atmosphere is a little old and dingy as well. The prices are a bit high for what you get in my opinion. I will give it another try because I also wasnt feeling that well during my visit.

3  Thank Temple_Mike

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Tried it the other night for dinner. Not worth the trip. Average food, average service, poor drinks horrible atmosphere and small poritions for the price. scale of 1-10. 5 and thats a reach

Dont bother.

3  Thank RaiderPhilly
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It so used to be a fun place -- good bar food, great service, music in the bar. It's now another run-of-the mill / average food / mediocre service joint. New owners better get with the program! We've got options!

6  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have been going here for years and years but no more. New owners were not very accommodating and the food was mediocre., No more prime rib on the lite menu and no more Blue Bell potatoes which they were famous for. I am sorry to write this review because this is where we celebrated a lot of special occasions.. Maybe if the ownership changes again I will come back. My last review was glowing but I can no longer rave about the food or service,

5  Thank jlsk
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We had lunch at the Blue Bell Inn today. This is my first visit since the new owners took over. I miss my favorites that I have enjoyed since 1985. The new menu is very limited for lunch.
My lunch was still good, but nothing special. They forgot my French Fries that suppose to come with my fish and chips.
The "old" crowd was not in today. I wonder if they have moved on to a new pasture.
The service was good.
I will give it 1-2 more tries in the next few months. I will keep you posted.

5  Thank BAHuston3

Been to Blue Bell Inn? Share your experiences!