“Excellent”

The Farmers Daughter
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmers Daughter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 57 Restaurants in Blue Bell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 202 - Dekalb Pike
Description: Nestled inside Normandy Farm Hotel, She's the culinary cornerstone of the historic property. Her plush décor coupled with raw reclaimed wooden farm tables gives a contemporary farm-chic feel to the plum-colored, cozy, candlelit new space. "the farmer's daughter" embodies "Modern Farm Cooking", a concept cultivated and embraced by our entire culinary team. At "the farmer's daughter", heirloom and locally sourced ingredients come alive on the plate. Using the seasonal harvest in the surrounding region, her plates are innovative with sumptuous, deep, pure flavors.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food was especially delicious and the presentation was outstanding. Service staff was excellent. Great ambiance.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Michael and I started going here when it first opened as the Farmers Daughter. We have tried: Grilled Romaine (I make this at home so I wanted to compare and get ideas.), fish and chips, homemade pretzels, crab cake, buffalo wings. All of these items have changed drastically in the last year. We have gone back at least 3x since the original chef left, hoping that the place was only experiencing a temporary "hiccup" in their quality, but it's gradually gone further downhill for a pair of foodies like us. Fish and chips are soggy and sometimes tasted like cardboard. Pretzels remain good. They changed something with the crab cake...I can't find any crab in it! Buffalo wings are soggy and the sauce is not as good as it was. Last, they no longer carry a long list of craft beers. One of the bartenders told Michael that they have to cater to the business travelers and they want a beer label that they are familiar with. Humph! The biggest craze in our area are the craft beers but I guess they don't want the locals coming here?

1  Thank rahanck1
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's the only act in town and it shows. Overpriced, mediocre food with indifferent service. The decor needs a complete re-do, it feels cold and uninviting.

1  Thank jaxmike
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I recently hosted a private birthday party in the Farmer's Daughter "Wine Room" for 12 people on a Sunday for which we all participated in the Sunday Brunch Buffet. I don't understand the reviews who complain about the decor because I found the Farmer's Daughter restaurant to be quite a nicer upgrade to its sister property, The William Penn Inn up the road which is much more dated. Anyhow, the Wine Room which is their private dining room seating 10-16 people has been recently redone and is beautiful. Their website pictures don't do it justice, you have to go there. With some sprucing up of centerpieces and candles, I created a wonderful atmosphere for my gathering.

The food was overall very good. Most of party went for seconds and thirds. The only person who wasn't a fan was my husband who felt their lunch selections were light (chix. salmon, penne pasta, salad) and apparently his omelette was burnt on the outside. On the other hand my food was delicious and I thought the spread was just right. Full omelette and waffle station, fruit, shrimp, oysters, salads, cheese, and the guests loved the desserts/pastries. Now the brunch is $26.95 per person so you might expect a good selection but this place didn't disappoint, I guess I felt I got what I paid for in Blue Bell.

3  Thank brownpads32
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My daughter got married at Normandy Farms a year and a half ago and we wanted to return for a special brunch. I was a little reluctant because Jim Coleman had gone, but those who wrote bad reviews must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. Our family went to celebrate my wife's birthday and Father's Day and had one of the best brunches ever. We used to go to the Cock 'n Bull in Peddlar's Village but this was far superior. Variety of food and preparation was outstanding. Steak at the carving table was tender, omelets were marvelous, and the desserts were gourmet. With probably a larger crowd because of the holiday and after having read a few reviews about the service, I was concerned BUT What amazed me was the outstanding service. Different servers taking our plates, others filling our cups of coffee made it very comfortable. When we needed ketchup out buy the serving tables, someone went to gets some. When I returned, another brought kecthup to our table. One person (maybe the manager) came over & talked to us about my daughter's wedding. Simply put, we had a great experience!!! We'll definitely return.

1  Thank lawrence l

Been to The Farmers Daughter? Share your experiences!