“Have been there 10 times”
Review of El Sarape

El Sarape
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Blue Bell
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've tried multiple menu items and found my favorite to be the chicken enchilada w/ mole sauce. I've read through some of the bad reviews because I was suprised, but really thought they had some points. If you get the spicier options, it's going to be spicey. I also agreed that the chips and salsa (w/out guac) are $5. Probably a little on the high end. But the chips and salsa are fresh made I believe and are pretty good. Me and a friend usually go and get chips w/ salsa and two entrees and w/ tip you're looking at just under $30. No drinks included.

I do want to mention that the wait staff is great and the manager is almost always there and she is super friendly. My wife and I went one night and stopped in for a drink and the options were great as well.

Lastly - we've brought our daughter who was 8 months old to the resturant and she was very well received.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Authentic Mexican in a small quaint environment with limited outside seating during warmer months. Not inexpensive, but delicious. Don't expect tacos and refried beans!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate at El Serape several years ago and found the food a bit too hot. We returned this weekend and thought the food was pretty good; it wasn't too hot and was presented in an attractive manner by a pleasant and attentive waitress. There are not too many selections for vegetarians but the enchiladas were tasty and the portions were enough.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This is Blue Bell's best kept secret hidden in plain sight. El Sarape is on the corner of 202 and 73 and easy to miss because you wouldn't expect such a treat in that location. We've eaten there twice in the last three weeks and will continue to work our way through the creative and diverse menu. While small, El Sarape is big on flavor and service. Thoroughly enjoyed dinner and the Patron margaritas left us wobbly. Give this place a try - you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've been to El Sarape twice and both times have found the menu to be way overpriced for what mostly amounts to average to good food. Most entrees are in the $28-$35 range.

Most recently the hostess was very rude to our party upon leaving the restaurant. We won't be back. There are plenty of other great Mexican options in the area.