“terrific dining in Blue Bell”
Review of L'Angolo Blue - CLOSED

L'Angolo Blue
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have been here twice recently, and had stellar experiences each time. Service is quite good, and the food is outstanding. We recommend L'Angolo Blue!

2  Thank jlg406

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Ate here recently for a rare night out with my wife. Had not been here since it opened and they had the old menu. Was seated promptly and the booth provided nice privacy. I had to send my drink back as it didn't just taste right but was pretty bad. To their credit the owner bought me a new one that was perfect. Next my wife ordered a tomato, mozzarella & avocado salad. The waiter dropped off the salad and walked away. As my wife took her first bit she noticed there was no avocado. We called the waiter back over and pointed this out. His response was " Oh yea we ran out of avocado a while ago. Ya couldn't have told us when we ordered. It was all very matter of fact. That just gave us a bad feeling about the whole night. Food was good, not great but good. The experience should have been better for the price. We'll give it another chance as any place can have a bad night or weekend. I'd like to see this place do well.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We first tried this place in December and had a great experience. Tonight we called last minute for a reservation and were welcomed when we arrived. Our wait staff was very attentive-Paul was our main waiter and catered to our every need from filling up water to suggesting the swordfish (which was excellent!). The vegetables with the swordfish were also excellent-seasoned ever so gently with a nice combination of herbs. The pasta with shrimp has a nice spicy sauce, as did the angel hair with crab. The other entrée at our table was lobster ravioli which was consumed in moments. We started off with appetizers that our party of five shared; calamari, tomato, basil and avocado and the portabella mushroom. All three were delicious and enjoyed by all of us! We will be back.

1  Thank Susan M
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A reunion dinner ... over 20 people ... and everyone had a good time. We had a separate room which was set up nicely. Thanks to Marco, the service was excellent. Each person ordered from the menu and thought their food was delicious.

4  Thank Arlene J
Reviewed April 27, 2013

All I have to say is the service is terrible and for what you pay for a tiny entree you should at least get a salad with the meal but the meals don't come with a side salad! I had a few gin and tonics after my second drink was half gone the waiter grabbed my glass and pointed out a huge crack going down the glass. He proceeded to take my half full drink and never came back, we had already paid at that point so he wasn't interested. Finally one of my friends flagged him and said, "Is she going to get a replacement drink since you took half of it due to the broken glass?" The waiter looked annoyed, went to the bar after another 5-10 mins returned and brought back a shot glass of my mixed gin and tonic! I almost fell off my seat. I could have been seriously hurt on the broken glass my drink was in and he dumped half my drink out because he saw the crack running down the glass and I didn't get a complimentary replacement drink? What poor service I would never set foot in this place ever again!!! At least you could have replaced my flippin drink!!!

2  Thank Czarbull