“Good, not great”

Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Castello at Blue Bell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Blue Bell
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wissahickon library blue bell
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Part of my problem may have been misreading the menu. I was certain the chicken breast I ordered was done primarily with lemon. It wasn't and I was disappointed. Staff brought me extra lemon slices, to help. Appreciated staff service attitude. All generally positive.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We miss Alison's that used to be in this spot, but enjoy the food and service here. It's a great neighborhood BYOB with great food and service

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a family get together at this restaurant. The wait staff was very friendly and fast. The food was great and the atmosphere was nice. A little loud as there were a lot of large family tables but that made it feel like one big party. We will go again if we get back to Blue bell.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Totally enjoyed this dining experience last night. The dining rooms are nicely appointed and the wait staff is friendly and professional. We even had a nice conversation with the owner. No one rushes you and we were able to take our time with the meal. My orichiette con granchio was perfect; portions are generous without being overwhelming. Everyone at our table loved the meals. After dinner there was a nice range of deserts to choose from. There's an enclosed, covered patio that is open in summer so we definitely would like to return and enjoy that. The restaurant is a little hidden as it is on the side of a business complex on Skippack Pike so you have to know where you are going to find it; another reason that the patio would be nice in summer since it's not right on the busy road. Pricing is not cheap but the experience and quality of the food is worth it. Our bill came to about $85 a couple including splitting deserts. Everyone had soup or salad for an appetizer (again generous servings). Another plus is they are BYOB. Definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank cathy b
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Ate dinner here with 2 friends on a Thursday night. The wait staff was great - right mix of friendliness and professonalism. We were able to take our time ordering and the meal was not rushed, even though they got quite busy. The menu had a lot of choices and they had nice specials.
What we had was delicious! The gnocchi appetizer was light and tasty, the blush sauce very good. My chicken saltimbocca was also very good. It was served with roasted potatoes and sauteed vegetables (green beans, zuchini, carrots). My friends loved their spaghetti bolognese and swordfish. Each table also got bread and olive oil.
The portions aren't huge, but the quality is very good. It's not cheap, but I certainly didn't feel cheated. 3 of us split an appetizer, each had an entree, we split 2 desserts and we all got coffee. With tip, it was about $42 per person.
It's very pretty inside. They have a covered patio area that would be great on a nice summer night. It is a BYO. I think they may offer complimentary wine, but we had our own bottles.