“Good but could be even better”

Rose Marie's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice waitress, good food, large portions, great glass of Sauv Blanc. Our Caesar salad was good but dressing quite salty. My baked ravioli bolognese was tasty with lots of tender steak tips and sausage and cheese. His linguini and meatballs had 5 big meatballs but pasta was closer to angel hair than most linguini.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I loved the off main street, lounge like feel of this place. Our waiter was a pro. Just the right amount of service and chat. If fact some would say the service was a bit slow, but not me. One shouldn't hurry through this place. I had the ravioli with sirlion tips. A bit of a rich combo, but it worked. The side salad that came with the meal was excellent and featured heart of palm and artichoke. Not your usual side salad, thank you. I'll only give the cannoli 3 stars out of five. To me a good cannoli is the shell and the filling, period. Spare me the chocolate and whipped cream please. I will be returning the next time I need to escape central Pa. without leaving central, Pa.
That should be any day now.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great for lunch or dinner our with friends or family.
Brick-Oven Pizza, seafood, pasta dishes, great salads, etc.

Alcohol list.

I enjoy coming here for dinner with my family. It sits off of Mainstreet in an alley. Parking is at metered spots. Never had a disappointing meal here.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by the desk clerk at our hotel. We had a hard time finding it because it is in an alley off it's street address.

The waiter was very nice. We had very tasty fresh salads. The bread was crusty and flavorful.

However, it stopped there. I ordered beef tips in a sauce over pasta. My husband ordered salmon with a balsamic reduction. We ate our salads and waited and waited and waited. The nice waiter kept coming and saying our meal would be out in a minute or two. We finished our wine. Everyone one else in the dining room had been served. I began to look around to see what they had ordered. Lots of burgers.

Finally, the food came out. My dish looked and tasted like a beef noodle dish with very thick gravy. It looked and tasted like something one would get late at night in a diner. My husband's salmon and pasta were floating in a quarter inch of balsamic vinegar. Obviously, the person who prepared these dishes knew nothing about cooking or making a reduction.

1  Thank WVMaven
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good food and quickly seated. Would suggest reservations