“Great Budget Hotel”

Budget Host Patriot Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed here for one night. The room rate was great, the rooms were very clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable, and the internet was reliable. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay with I-80 so close.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Patriot Inn

Reviewed August 30, 2010

The people and their caring attitude make the difference at this motel. Susan, Rich, Denise are those staff members whom we met on our last visit. and they do a fabulous service to their customers b/c they are friendly and care to make your stay comfortable.
The motel is located near Knoebels Park and it is very reasonably priced and clean.
There is a very good restaurant attached to the motel and a convenience store nearby with gas available.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night. This was about the only hotel room that we could get in the area for that night. The staff is great and are some of the nicest people I have seen in the hospitality industry. The hotel is in an industrial area. With taxes we paid about $86.00, with a AAA discount. I hate to rate this hotel only a 2 and if the hotel had been located in a better area, I would have rated it higher.

Pros
-Clean rooms
-Great service

Cons
-Remote location. You are right off the highway and the only things nearby are a gas station and a lot of industry. I was concerned about my car all night and was happy when we came out the next morning and nothing happened to my car.
-I have several safety concerns about the bathroom. One the hot water was very hot. The tub and toilet area was not well lit and the tub lacked any type of bath mat or anti slip devices.

If we stayed in Bloomsburg again, we would stay at another hotel. However if you are looking for a bargin and don't mind a hotel in an industrial area, this could be for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bwco
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Great, affordable basic accomodations. Stayed one night before a full-day orientation at nearby Bloomsburg University. Room and bathroom were super clean. Sheets were crisp and fresh. Beds comfortable, AC worked great and was not too loud. As far as safety, my daughter and I were travelling alone and, while we did not experience any problems, we were definitely in the minority. Parking lot was filled with mostly work trucks!

Having two Bloomsburg University students, I normally stay at the Hampton Inn when visiting them. However, for this trip I knew we would only need a place to sleep and would be checking out by 8:00 am. I could not see spending $120 plus dollars for such a short stay. Instead, we stayed here and paid $60.75 with an AAA discount for a nice, clean room with two double beds. As far as I am concerned, you can't beat that!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sdzebs
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I've been staying here off and on with my job for six years. I have my favorite room, the clerks do my laundry, the price is right, the restaurant has the right price too. VERY CLEAN and easy to find from the interstate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank workerman
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Six of us were vacationing through Pennsylvania on motorcycles and happened upon this Budget Host. It was great. Talk about motorcycle friendly! The bartender’s custom cycle caught our eyes in the lot and that set the tone for the rest of the night. He treated everyone like gold and we had the best time. The hotel manager even called the nearby Bill’s Bike Barn and arranged a private tour for us. It was the highlight of our whole vacation and we will definitely come back here. The service couldn’t be beat.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I took my young son to Bloomsburg to be near Knoebles Amusement Park. I chose the Budget because all we needed was a place to sleep; we didn't plan on spending much time in our room. Also, the hotel is a short drive south from the interstate. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive to Knoebles. (Since my son forgot a swim suit, it was helpful that the hotel was also about a five minute drive from a K Mart.) We stayed two nights.

The hotel is plain on the outside and inside, but it was clean, convenient, and comfortable. Our large room had a king size bed and queen size sofa bed. I wouldn't call the bed plush, but it was good. The bathroom was clean and free from mold and mildew that you sometimes find in budget places. The shower and bath stall was a plastic modular unit; but again, it was clean and the water pressure was good, so it was fine. The room had a small refrigerator, which we used to store some food we brought with us. The lighting was good for my son and I to pore over maps and guides.

The hotel does not offer much to eat in the morning, but that's o.k. because in the same parking lot as the hotel is a family restaurant where my son and I each had a good, very full breakfast for under $10 total.

The front desk staff were helpful with directions and advice about local attractions. (There are some remarkable covered bridges a short drive away.) They were kind about letting my son use the computer in the lobby to play an online game.

The hotel is located along an industrial service road, but we didn't hear any road noise in our room. The hotel seems to be configured in an "H" shape, with one side of the H closer to the road. We stayed in a room on the far side of the H from the road, which may have helped shield us from noise, but I don't think road noise at night was an issue in any event.

The first time we turned on the television, all we got was static. I called the front desk, and the woman said that sometimes it helps to unplug the set and plug it in again. It worked, and my son and I enjoyed watching a few innings of a Phillies game. Sure, it was an odd quirk, but hardly an inconvenience.

Cell phone coverage was a little spotty, and I had to stand in the parking lot to find a sweet spot. I think that's because the hotel is in a valley between two ridges of hills.

Also, the hotel is across from a Del Monte pet food plant. If the desk clerk hadn't told me that, I probably wouldn't have noticed the mild scent wafting my way the second morning there. Again, nothing remarkable that affected my overall impression.

If you want fancy or plush, pay more money and stay elsewhere. But for a budget stay, this hotel was all I wanted: clean, convenient, and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!