“Great Bargain In Today's Economy”

Budget Host Patriot Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed June 19, 2014

It seems like nowadays it is virtually impossible to find a nice hotel room for under $100 a night. Look no further than the Budget Host Patriot Inn. Stayed here overnight between racing at the Greenwood Valley Action Track Saturday evening and hiking at Ricketts Glen State Park on Sunday. With taxes we paid $86.00 for one night in a very clean, comfortable, quiet room. The attached restaurant served up a pretty good breakfast on Sunday morning to boot. Absolutely no complaints about this hidden gem of a hotel. Would stay here again in an instant. If you are in the area, definitely check it out. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Patriot Inn

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We just stayed in the hotel for a soccer tournament at Bloomsburg University. The staff was so friendly and accommodating I asked for directions to a local restaurant from the front desk and they printed me off a map and also gave me better directions to the soccer tournament for later that day. Rooms were a good size and the bed was quite comfortable. Our room was very clean. This is not a fancy hotel but great for the price( $80 per night plus tax) and close to the University.
FYI They do have smoking rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth P
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Reasonably priced place to stay. Hotel and rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. The restaurant was also good. I was pleasantly surprised as we needed a room and checked in very late. I highly recommend the Budget Host.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This nice hotel is a local gem...
In town for a blues fest, and found this place on line. They had the best price ($57 includes tax!) and friendly staff to book the room on the phone.
We (myself and 2 friends) arrived and were greeted by a really sweet, friendly woman at front desk. Our room and the rest of the place was very clean and in good shape. You could tell the staff there took pride in keeping the hotel looking nice. Our room was bigger than most of the chain hotels, had mini fridge and a good shower!
There is a nice family type restaurant attached by an enclosed walkway, so you don't have to go outside.The good, inexpensive breakfast was a real bonus!
I will definitely stay there again when I am in the Bloomsburg area!

Room Tip: We had a room on the back,not far from main lobby....very quiet. Faces a steep hill where we watched...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my son who was in town for a basketball camp at the university. The room was extremely comfortable and clean and the people at the front desk were quite helpful. Also enjoyed a nice breakfast at the nearby restaurant. Appreciated the mini fridge.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nothing terribly fancy, but perfectly comfortable & clean room. Arrived at 1am, and found a fresh and alert and friendly staff member at the desk, to help me check in. Room had a mini-fridge. Easy to find, just off I-80, but no road noise. All one floor. Will use again, next time I need a room in the area. Didn't have a chance to try the attached restaurant, but some local friends/family tell me it's really good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Keep in mind this is a small motel in a rural area. The motel is a mile from Rt 80, so no highway noise, It sets back from Rt 11 so there is no road noise and backs to a hillside, so no truck idling noise. It is a basic room. Clean, no amenities, but front desk staff is exceptionally friendly and accommodating to requests. Being it is Pennsylvania, there are smoking rooms and there is some smoke smell in the hallways. I always block my doorway with a towel anyway, so it doesn't bother me as long as the room has not had a smoker in it. This was Bloomsburg Fair week and even full, we had a restful night sleep. There is room to room noise, so use earplugs. People are up early, but we needed to be up early also. I always stay at this hotel when in the area. I understand what I am going to get: a good clean room for a good price. Morris family restaurant is connected to the hotel. The food is wonderful. The bar closed several years ago, but 6 packs of beer can be purchased from the front desk. In this area, you will be hard-pressed to find a restaurant open after 9PM, Morris no exception. But you can still get a beer without driving to Berwick or Bloomsburg. It already has a Trip Advisor sign on the door.

Room Tip: Rm 206 is a non-smoking room in the back hallway away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!