“Not a great place to say if you want a late bite to eat or drink!!”

Budget Host Patriot Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hi everyone, we stayed at the Motel while attending the BMW Motorcycle Rally in July. The rooms were adaquate, certainly no frills but clean and nice. There was no hair dryer. There is a restaurant and bar right with the motel but to our amazement and shock they both closed around 8:00 even on Friday and Saturday. So that didn't make us happy because you have to then drive for food and drink. All the rooms were filled so you would perhaps keep things open longer. But.......the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank janl0u52
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Patriot Inn

Reviewed July 21, 2011

A colleague and I shared a room here from late March through the last week in April. Along with us, there were other extended-stay working folks here as well, so this place definitely accommodates the business crowd. Even before I set foot into this place, I felt my stay would be nothing but good, and I wasn't disappointed. When I made the reservation, the person I talked to not only was attentive, she informed me that the state tax would be refunded if the stay was longer than 30 days (and from a review of another location, you will know that was important to me to know).

About the only bad things you could say about this place is that the rooms are a little dated, the refrigerator was a small (about a 3 cu. ft. dorm-sized fridge), there's no microwave in the rooms (but two are located in the main hallway) and the bathroom is a little crowded. If you can get past those things or are like me and aren't into the "frills and glitz" hotels, you'll realize why they're highly rated through tripadvisor (and they're proud of it, too, as they have a tripadvisor sticker on their front door!).

The front desk staff was EXCELLENT - very friendly and very accommodating! They offer a laundry service (for a reasonable fee) and even fold your clothes for you! Parking is plentiful. They also partner with a nearby gym and offer a monthly membership if you're interested. WiFi was excellent, both from a speed and reliability standpoint as signal strength rarely dipped below excellent, even if you were sitting by the window. The room we had was HUGE with two Queen-sized beds and a brand new 32" LCD TV which my roommate hooked up his Playstation 3 to. :-)

My roommate and I worked opposing shifts, but that wasn't an issue for housekeeping. They came in between our shifts and cleaned the room. Even if you didn't want or need service, getting towels was painless.

Finding places to eat isn't hard, either. First off, they have a restaurant connected to the place. If you're not in the mood for the restaurant, drive right down Route 11 towards Bloomsburg and you'll find everything from Arby's, Taco Bell, and Wendy's to Bennigans, Applebees, and other sit down places. Get on I-80 and head west and you'll find Denny's on the hill at the next exit and Ruby Tuesdays and Cracker Barrel at the second exit. Also at the second exit, you'll find Wal-Mart, too.

For my money, this is a great place to stay and if/when I'm back in that area on business again, you can bet this is the place I'll be at again. I highly recommend this place to anyone, even people who are just passing through for a one-night stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Stayed one night on our trip from New Jersey. Great affordable room rate, clean room with 2 queen beds. The room included a small refrigerator/ freezer which came in real handy. The front desk staff was super friendly! Will be staying here again on our next trip to knoebels.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed May 31, 2011

This hotel is clean, inexpensive and convienent. It is close to knoebels. Many places to eat as well. I recommend it highly!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TruOpinion
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed here for one night. The room rate was great, the rooms were very clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable, and the internet was reliable. The front desk people were friendly and helpful. This is a great place to stay with I-80 so close.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The people and their caring attitude make the difference at this motel. Susan, Rich, Denise are those staff members whom we met on our last visit. and they do a fabulous service to their customers b/c they are friendly and care to make your stay comfortable.
The motel is located near Knoebels Park and it is very reasonably priced and clean.
There is a very good restaurant attached to the motel and a convenience store nearby with gas available.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night. This was about the only hotel room that we could get in the area for that night. The staff is great and are some of the nicest people I have seen in the hospitality industry. The hotel is in an industrial area. With taxes we paid about $86.00, with a AAA discount. I hate to rate this hotel only a 2 and if the hotel had been located in a better area, I would have rated it higher.

Pros
-Clean rooms
-Great service

Cons
-Remote location. You are right off the highway and the only things nearby are a gas station and a lot of industry. I was concerned about my car all night and was happy when we came out the next morning and nothing happened to my car.
-I have several safety concerns about the bathroom. One the hot water was very hot. The tub and toilet area was not well lit and the tub lacked any type of bath mat or anti slip devices.

If we stayed in Bloomsburg again, we would stay at another hotel. However if you are looking for a bargin and don't mind a hotel in an industrial area, this could be for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bwco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomsburg
Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Holiday Inn Express Bloomsburg
The Inn at Turkey Hill
The Inn at Turkey Hill
#2 of 8 in Bloomsburg

Been to Budget Host Patriot Inn? Share your experiences!