“SLOW!!!!!!!”

Ranked #34 of 91 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2012

WE went to what I was told their new location on Main St. We were not given menus as we were seated. We actually had to ask the people seated next to us if we could look at theirs. We had to wait seemingly forever to get our orders taken. We were there for lunch and ordered simple sandwiches, soups and a salad for me. We walked in at 12:54 ( I know this because i sent a text to my husband as we were walking in). The food finally arrived at 1:35. It arrived all together. The soups could have come out before the sandwiches and my salad. It was NOT busy at all in the restaurant. The seafood bisque was yummy. I ordered a mediterranean salad. It was tasteless. My fault for not asking what is was made of as there was no description on the menu. It was large chunks of iceberg lettuce a bit yellowy, tons of artichokes that had almost a carbonated taste, tons of roasted red pepper, a few green olives and lots of chicken. No onion, tomato, feta or any lettuce variety besides iceberg. It just didn't have a very good flavor. Very much a let down for an "italian" restaurant. The others in my party seems to enjoy their sandwiches, though. On a positive the atmosphere was nice. Loved the exposed brick. Bathrooms are in the basement don't know if there is any handicapped accessibility to the bathrooms. No mirror in the bathroom either to check your teeth!

There are newer reviews for Balzano's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed June 7, 2012

The Balzano's Italian Kitchen is known for serving tasty Italian food. I had lunch with family and everyone ordered entrees that are relatively quick and easy to prepare, (salads and pizza.) We waited almost a whole hour for our lunch! The restaurant was not crowed or busy.

Our waitress arrived with the wrong order...twice! She presented us with stromboli which we did NOT order and the wrong dessert! Above all the service was not courteous and when my sister explained that she couldn't accept the food because she was late for work the waitress said... "What do you want me to do about it?"

If you work for a business and are on a one hour lunch break DO NOT enter this restaurant! You will wait for an hour or more and have to ask for your lunch to go.

The restaurant needs to speed up the kitchen and higher a better wait staff. One that works well under low and high levels of stress and that are courteous and polite to its clientele.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Original vintage tile flooring and tin ceiling, along with a huge new bar and exposed brick walls make Balzano's look like a fine-dining establishment, but they are still the same friendly folks who fix authentic and tasty Italian favorites. Congratuations on your new look! It's classy and elegant. Love the fra diavolo sauce - just the right amount of heat.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We went with a large group and were offered a bait and switch at a very high price. None of us would ever go back and I am sure no one we know will either.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

This restaurant seems popular with the locals, several of which brought their own wine on the evening we visited. That's a wise decision. Our waitress was very friendly and offered us free glasses of the house red even though the place doesn't have a liquor license. I don't know what was in those glasses, but it tasted more like Welch's grape juice than any wine I've ever had. The food tasted fine. It took 15 minutes for my husband to pay the bill because the cashier was working quite slowly. Overall, it's a serviceable and friendly restaurant.