“Our family standby”

Cuisines: American
Pennsylvania
“Our family standby”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I've been going to the Bloomsburg Perkins for 15+ years - back when it was in it's old location (the current Quaker Steak Lube). Perkins is one of our family's standby restaurants - Sunday morning breakfasts are a particular favorite. My wife and I like to share a breakfast - omelet, breakfast potatoes, and pancakes. Even sharing, we usually have something left to take home.

The restaurant is clean and well-lighted. The menu offers the basics plus some seasonal specials (some have been excellent). Prices are very reasonable (AAA cards get a 10% discount). Coffee is served in a pitcher so you don't have to wait for refills. Food ranges from okay to excellent; I've never had a bad meal here. The wait staff has almost always been attentive and helpful

Perkins is exactly what a coffee shop is supposed to be - clean, decent menu, good food and service, good prices. That's why we return on a regular basis.

• Visited June 2013

Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Very fast service”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

There were 4 of us, we all ordered something different. The service was very good, the food was good and hot. I hate getting my food warm, especially breakfast. Ordered French toast and of course I use syrup and the syrup containers were not sticky and they gave me a choice of three different syrups. Would go back, price was very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
“Usual cookie-cutter restaurant”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good food and good service, but you can go in a Perkins in any part of this area and they're all the same, which I guess is a good thing, as our visit was pleasant enough.

Visited September 2012
Carbondale, Illinois
“Friendly Service”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Food was typical Perkins fare - good and hot. Had a really nice server that really made the experience, though. Would choose this Perkins again because of her hospitality.

• Visited December 2012
Clermont, Florida
“Good Food Great Service”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Husband loves getting breakfast anytime of day. I love the chicken and spinach salad with the hot bacon dressing. The service was good and the restaurant is very clean.

Visited September 2012