“Our second stay, in area for family reunion and Knoebles visit.”

Comfort Suites Bloomsburg
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Bloomsburg
Delaware
“Our second stay, in area for family reunion and Knoebles visit.”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Arrived early but found no room at the inn but was assured they could give us a room by 3pm. They were having a hard time getting Friday night emergency guest out of there rooms as they had hoped to stay over a second night since their original accommodations had been for two nights elsewhere. Another local hotel had a flood the night before and sent many guest over to the comfort suites. We were traveling with extended family who had hoped to book a room onsite once they arrived but found no room to stay except a sleep inn which they did not want. Found the front desk to be very accomadating and polite.

Never arrived back at the hotel until just after 5pm and waited in a slow and somewhat long line to check in. Front desk personnel had changed and he seemed overly stressed and short with guest. I asked for 3 room keys as we were traveling with myself, husband and an older teen daughter as well as little ones and knew we would be heading in different directions at different times. Seemed slightly miffed that I asked although he had only given me 1 key originally. I had to ask when breakfast was served.

Front lobby is especially well appointed and has free computer/internet access. A large screen television was playing. The breakfast eating area also serves as an onsite restaurant and the menu looked reasonable for a family. Several families had gathered there and where playing cards. Unable to dine there as we already had plans but I would have liked to try it!

Fortunately we were able to get our luggage up to the room (5pm) before we went out again. When we returned at 10:45pm that evening it was raining and my husband dropped us under the portico. We entered the lobby to the same man at the front desk. He never said a word of greeting to us. We passed through to the elevator to find a large hand written sign that said (elevator out of service do not use) ??!! I walked back around to the front desk and just looked a the man until he looked up and he gestured to the steps in the opposite direction by the front entry. I took the time to politely asked if they would have it fixed by check out the next morning. He said "I don't know, they are gonna look at it on 3rd shift tonight" Not the response I had hoped for.

If you read my earlier review from last year, same time of year and same type of stay, you are beginning to see a pattern. This is a very nicely appointed comfort suites with good amenities in it's price range but service does seem to groan under the pressure of a full house. I know things break but I see it as the front desk job to deal with those things in a more accommodating way? Just asking for politeness here, that's all.

Our room was on the second floor very near said elevator.( no sign on second floor elevator door btw) Not sure why but our room felt very much smaller this year? Probably just location but I do appreciate a queen bed rather then a full size so I won't complain to much there! It was very tight getting into the bed next to the window and the a/c unit and made for a very cool place to sleep but again, cool is my preference so no complaints except trying to get in and out of bed!
The pull out is definitely a one person pull out. Fine for our 8 year old but no way the 6 year old could sleep there as well. She hopped in with her teenage sister and we made do. Queens very comfortable to sleep in. Sofa bed is what a sofa bed is. The room was veryquiet and seemed well sound proofed.

The bathrooms are nicely appointed. Nice to have both microwave and fridge. All seemed cleaned fairly well. Wifi access in the room was adequate for my laptop and Iphone.

Knowing breakfast would be mobbed, my husband and children headed down early and avoided most of the traffic. They wanted time to swim before check out. I showered and packed up and then headed down to eat. The mobs had arrived but everyone seemed polite. Restocking was slow but eventually got done. TIP: avoid wafflemakers and toasters when a small dining room is overcrowded! This hotel provided an overflow room for breakfast guest. I chose to return to our room.

Bill was under our door and I chose to not stop at check out except to give our room number and return our 3 cards, 1 of which never worked! Somewhat of a problem at breakfast time and pool time but by then who cares right?

Will I stay again? Probably. Great area with lots of convenient places to eat, shop, etc and close enough to our reunion site and to Knoebles.

If you can plan it? Stay here Sunday and through Thursday and you should have a very nice time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kileybeth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Philadelphia Area, PA
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights for a Knoebels trip. This was the only hotel in the area that I could find a place that had 3 beds. My husband and I slept in the one Queen bed, my 8 year old son in the other Queen bed and my 4 year old daughter slept in the pull-out couch bed. The couch bed definitely only fits 1 person and I'm not sure how comfy it would be for an adult, but she loved it and said it was very comfortable! There was a nice size fridge and the bathroom was big and shower was nice. Queen beds were comfortable. Air conditioning worked great and was perfect white noise for sleeping. Didn't rattle like some do at other hotels we stayed at. Rooms clean.
During the week breakfast is from 6-9. Weekends 7-10. Tough getting down there before 9 when you are up late at night but we did it! A little irritating that at 9 on the dot the lady comes out and puts EVERYTHING away....bagels, cereal, etc. I felt bad for the families that came down at 9:10. Think there should be a little leeway there...maybe not put anything new out but at least leave out what was already there. Everyone seemed nice...breakfast lady seemed a little unhappy but she wasn't mean. Apple juice ran out before 9 but it wasn't replaced. Breakfast was decent...waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, milk, eggs.
Overall, a very, very nice place. Took us 23 minutes to get to Knoebels. We will stay here for our next trip!

1 Thank kklldd
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have stayed here twice with our kids and find it just about near perfect. We stayed on the 2nd floor (out of 3 floors) this time.

Pros:

Location: convenient to the highway but still in a nice location. Not parked in an industrial area like many highway hotels can be. Panera & Walmart are just a dash across the parking lots or even a short walk, if so desired. Other restaurants are a quick 3 minute drive down the road.

Quality: this hotel is new, so it is in very nice shape. Bathrooms are great. The shower/water pressure is fantastic, there is a hairdryer mounted on the wall. The rooms are just the right size, nice and updated decor, very clean. Excellent job housekeeping. The beds were very comfortable and we could not hear any noises of next door neighbors. Not enjoyable to hear another room sneeze, cough, yell at their kids or other stuff.

Staff: friendly and helpful. Not asleep at the wheel or put off to be helping out.

Food: a free breakfast in the morning. We did not try it, as we were too late. It ended at 9am. I guess the early bird gets the worm.

Cons:

No central a/c. There is a wall mounted unit, which is not ideal. The bed closest to it seems to get the brunt of the cold air flow and noise. Although, I felt the noise was very minimal and doable. Have experienced worse.

No exhaust fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is about 20 minutes north of Knoebels, but considering the park is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and there's nothing to the south, this is about as good as you can get. Fairly new and clean. Two-bed suites have a sofabed on the other side of the half-wall. Pool was fairly small, but most are at this type of hotel.Overall design doesn't feel quite as bright as some other new Comfort Suites we've stayed at, but it is still very nice. Also, it has a small bar/restaurant in the lobby which adds a different element. Quick access to the highway makes it easy to be on your way in the morning. Free wifi worked well enough for email, etc.

1 Thank Bill M
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed here for three nights with my sister-in-law and my two sons ages 10 and 7. We arrived around 2 PM and the hotel has a check-in time for 3 PM. Our room on the third floor was not ready but the receptionist offered a room that was ready on the second floor, so I opted to take the ready room. We wanted to get in and unpack and rest before heading out to dinner. The room was spacious with two queen beds, a flat screen TV, a microwave, refrigerator, desk, chair, love seat and coffee table. There also was a closet. The bathroom had a tub/shower combo, toilet and one sink. The counter space was plenty for toiletries. Overall the room was clean but we did have some issues. There were two dead bugs in the tub. We called the front desk, they came up to remove the bugs. I also noticed a coffee stirrer on the floor at the base of the night stand between the beds. The coffee stirrer was still there the day we left. The drawers for clothing were also never vacuumed before we checked in. I feel the room should have been a little cleaner for a new check-in. Breakfast was served each morning between 6-9 AM. They offered coffee, orange juice, apple juice, hot tea, instant oatmeal, bagels, english muffins, pasteries, 2 kinds of cereal, eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. Check-out was smooth. They deliver your receipt the morning you are leaving under the door to your room. The location was perfect for a trip to Knoebels, not too far, and close to restaurants. They do have an indoor pool, exercise room and game room but did not visit any of them.

3 Thank MOMOF2PRINCES
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Good times at Comfort suites
This was our 2nd time at this Hotel , and we will return next year again for Knobels ! Our Kids like the Pool , but a bit dangerous, the tiles are very slippery around pool . Beds are comfy , great fluffy pillows . Breakfast is ok too . Overall pretty
good .

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank AliUsa
Ballston Spa
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We stayed here over the Memorial Day Weekend and had a wonderful time. This hotel met and exceeded our expectations. The rooms were "Beautiful", "Large", and very modern. The indoor pool was small but accommodated my 2 grandsons and 2 nephews perfectly. The tile around the pool was very slippery and could be very dangerous when wet. But other than that, very friendly staff, great waffles and excellent breakfast. Will stay here again in the future. Well worth the few dollars spent.

Room Tip: Felt like I was sleeping on a cloud.