“Traveling on business. What a great find...”

The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 487
Description: The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is a unique fine dining establishment, located in Bloomsburg, Pa just seconds off Interstate 80 at The Inn at Turkey Hill. A comfortable, yet elegant atmosphere accompanies an award winning wine list and inspired dishes. The Farmhouse strives for only the freshest ingredients to ensure the highest quality dining experience. Reservations are encouraged. Overnight Dining & Room Packages Available The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is proud to be the recipient of The Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Traveling on business. What a great find...”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Traveling on business. What a great find. Friendly people and great food. I did not stay at the inn, but I will the next time through the
area

madison, wisconsin
“Superb!”
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I chose to take my mother here to celebrate her birthday based on the reputation this restaurant has had for many years, and I wasn't disappointed. We were there on Friday evening, March 12 and the service and food were excellent. There were four of us and we started with appetizers which were very good including the scallops, shrimp and pierogie. The soup of the day was a seafood bisque which was excellent. The entrees were very appealing and served hot. Desserts were incredible too. Everything was paced very nicely where you felt you weren't being rushed but at the same time it didn't take forever to get anything. Complimentary crackers with a goat cheese spread was a nice touch as well as the raspberry sorbet pallette cleanser and the red velvet cake bites at the end. This restaurant is well worth the money for an outstanding meal.

“Ordered 4 entrees but received 3 w/no apology or offer to make good”
Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is the most expensive restaurant in the area, so one would think the service would be good. We used to frequent this place, but no longer. The prices are much higher than they were a few years ago, and things that used to be complementary are now a la carte (like salad, palate cleanser). What really turned us off, though, was an occasion when we were dining with potential business clients. We ordered 4 entrees for four people. We waited longer than we should have had to for our meals to arrive, and when they did, only three of our entrees were placed in front of the members of our party. We figured that the fourth would be along directly. We waited a few minutes, then had to go and find our server to ask about the fourth. He disappeared for a bit, then came back and told us that the kitchen forgot to make it. (!!!) He offered no apology and gave the impression that he was completely unconcerned about the issue. He also did not respond to our request to bring something else, or to have the kitchen quickly make something, or to bring an appetizer - nothing. We said that we thought he should at least offer our one hungry diner something gratis and he replied that it "wasn't policy." We then said that the bill should be discounted since this was such an egregious error. It was not. We asked to see the manager and were told the manager was not available. His tip was discounted, however, with prejudice. We take clients elsewhere now.

2 Thank pumphousebnb
New Jersey
“Wonderful food, wonderful service”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We celebrated a birthday here and the locale was lovely. Appetizers were excellent - I had the lobster mac and c heese, and then the chicken roulade. All the portion sizes are very generous, and the prices are very reasonable. A delightful cleansing-palate raspberry sherbert was served between courses.

The service is unbelievable - when I received my appetizer, the fork served with it was freezing cold and I remarked as such to my dinner guest. Within a minute the waitress brought me a warm fork - my my..

Our table overlooked the pond/waterfall and it was a very soothing atmosphere.

The menu is very extensive with a detailed wine list. What is especially welcome is a glossary of culinary terms - that's a great help!

We really enjoyed every minute and every bite of our dinner - this is 5 star par excellence!

New York
“Nice restaurant.”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Wife and I had dinner here. A bit pricey but a nice experience. We had reservations and the table was ready on time.The restaurant service and decor were very nice. The food was diverse and what we had was good (check the menu on the net). The selection of wines was decent. If someone was in the area I would recommend it. We did not stayed at the inn so I cannot give you feed back on that.

1 Thank tragaldavas