“The Wandering Gourmet Rates the Inn at Turkey Hill 3 1/2 Stars”

The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Farmhouse At Turkey Hill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Bloomsburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 487
Description: The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is a unique fine dining establishment, located in Bloomsburg, Pa just seconds off Interstate 80 at The Inn at Turkey Hill. A comfortable, yet elegant atmosphere accompanies an award winning wine list and inspired dishes. The Farmhouse strives for only the freshest ingredients to ensure the highest quality dining experience. Reservations are encouraged. Overnight Dining & Room Packages Available The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is proud to be the recipient of The Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.
Broadway
“The Wandering Gourmet Rates the Inn at Turkey Hill 3 1/2 Stars”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I were in Bloomsburg for genealogy research as well as an anniversary getaway. This inn is listed in the "Select Registry" Guidebook for notable places to stay, and as we've enjoyed many good experiences at Select Registry inns before, choosing Turkey Hill was a no-brainer. So confident was I that the restaurant would live up to our expectations (of other Select Registry restaurants we've dined at previously), we reserved dinners on both evenings of our stay. We weren't disappointed. From stunning salads and appetizers, through the entrées and desserts, this is one of the best restaurants we've dined at in recent years. In five years as a restaurant critic, I only gave out (5) 4 Star Ratings. Turkey Hill came close, VERY close. A pheasant entrée ("only" a 3 Star dish) fell short of the higher level attained by other courses. Desserts were fabulous and should not be avoided, at any cost! Breakfast, too, was a plus. One word describes the wait staff: impeccable.

Michael Gesner, "The Wandering Gourmet", Broadway, New Jersey

• Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food here was fantastic!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were staying at the inn for the weekend and dined at the inn for dinner one night. We were very impressed with the service and the food was delicious! We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Go Here to Treat Yourself”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I were able to experience this fine dining establishment through a Travel Zoo promotion. Otherwise, it would have probably been a little out of our price range. Regardless, the entire Inn and restaurant staff still treated us like regular, full paying customers. Very professional.

We were able to make reservations for a 6:30 dinner and were seated right away in one of the dining rooms (our coat was taken which was a nice touch). The tables were far enough away from each other that each table's conversations were kept private - as they should be in a nice restaurant. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The dinner menu was varied enough for different tastes, the wine menu was extensive and the specials all sounded delicious. I ended up going with the sword fish/petite lobster special and my boyfriend had the Pittsburg style filet mignon based off the recommendation of the waitress. His steak came out perfectly cooked with a to-die-for demi glaze to rub the steak in. He claimed it was one of the best dinner's he's ever had out. My swordfish was also very tasty and nicely cooked. The only comment we could make about our dinners were the proportions were a tad smaller than we expected, but not ridiculously small.

We were well taken care of at dinner. We would take a sip of water and the table runner would refill the glass. We were served the lemon sorbet pallet cleanser after our amuse-bouche - a nice surprise. This is definitely a type of place that you go to yourself or others for a nice occasion. I would definitely recommend and even drive 75 miles again to eat there.

Oley, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are in Bloomsburg or do not mind traveling there, you must eat at The Inn at Turkey Hill. The small plate quesadilla was delicious. The fresh mango on top of it was so wonderful. My husband had the pork loin and that was unbelievable. So tasty and moist, that I, a person who is not a fan of meat, would order it. I had the shrimp. The shrimp were cooked to perfection, the homemade past with it was so fresh, and the sauce was so to die for! Our waitress was extremely helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. I would love to eat there on a regular basis if it would not be almost 2 hours from our home!

Visited January 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Food, Great People”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Lived up to all the reviews. Varied menu with interesting daily specials, the wine list and the service were top notch. Entrees ranged from $15 to $45 with good sized portions cooked to perfection.. I had the salmon and my wife had the shrimp and both were superb. This was an anniversary trip and I wanted everything to be perfect, and it was. Although we stayed at the Inn and live 75 miles away, we would make the trip just for the restaurant.